• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple inches for next week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple inches for next week?

Wow, that would suck. Sure wouldn't surprise me tho. And then cold, single digit daytime highs, for that wonderful drying. lol

What a place we live in.

Was sleeping in the hammock out in the barn for a bit last night. Sure cooled off from the day. Needed a blankie out there... Was plus 6 this morning after 30 in the day.

Its almost a Frosty Friday after a Toasty Thursday. Only the strong survive these Prairie Elements. Hey, that's a good name for a song group. By the way, ou est Tom?

Comment

I've checked the saskatchewan forcast there's maybe a chance if showers in places where is the big rain supposed to be?

Comment

No no no

No no

Comment

Most rain looks to be canora tisdale humboldt. My farm.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
            I've checked the saskatchewan forcast there's maybe a chance if showers in places where is the big rain supposed to be?
            Check out www.yr.no and enter your closest city/town. I think it was showing @2" Regina and @1" Moose Jaw. I think this is the best free forecast out there for long range (2 weeks out) have followed it for several years now.

Comment

Calling for a couple inches here.Will soak it up.Everyone getting around at least an extra 5% and up to 10% more acers.still could be a bin buster or a bust of a year.

Comment

yr.no is saying 2.5 mm and the Weather network 28-42 mm.
                Somebody is going to be wrong...

Canola up 10.90 today. Some are evidently going with the lower amount
                Last edited by farming101; May 6, 2016, 12:32.

Comment

Yr no still has us for 20 mm.Drew seemed to think it was not going to be a big one so maybe like last year.Wait till June.

Comment

YR can't seem to decide on this one - first it was 2" then none, then back to 2" now reduced to 1". Never seen them jump about so much.

Comment

The Idaho systems are there, but as they try to come north some swirling system out of Alaska doesn't allow it to come north. WTH?

Comment

I've learned the hard way not to trust a forecast...regardless of whose making it.

Never make business or operational decisions based on them.

One day at a time.

The kid Is watching the forecast and that is what I told him.

Too many times in the forecast there's been a call for outright rain 4 days away only to have it reduced to 60% to 30% to basically SFA.....then they have the nerve forecast amounts yet

But in case you were wondering.... I'm not bitter!

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Too many times in the forecast there's been a call for outright rain 4 days away only to have it reduced to 60% to 30% to basically SFA.....then they have the nerve forecast amounts yet

But in case you were wondering.... I'm not bitter!

;-)
                          In our case, it is usually a four inch downpour when they say 30% chance of a shower. I ain't bitter either, just stuck. If it rains like they say, I be so screwed.

Comment

Harper donated $134 million to enviro Canada so we would get better forecasts. No questions or monitoring of performance. Guess he should have up it a bit more or turned it over to foreign investors.

Comment

Long weekend.forecasts are the best......escpecially when staff stack EDOs onto weekends with the extra long weekend days....and who knows what else maybe a sick day or two added on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...