• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D - Day ... Kind of

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D - Day ... Kind of

A few here got rolling on weekend but today has been earmarked for a lot for seeding start.
    Dry and almost hot , will need a rain by mid month. Sub soil is very good , top getting very dry.
    Canola early to get moisture or canola later and hope for rain? Tis the question of the day ..

And so the shit show begins. The rush by us farmers to seed a crop that all the Parasites need to survive and take a cut.
    Be safe guys. Our area is dry on surface Quarter inch maybe and mud under. We started later yesterday and only stuck once. Today all hell will break out in our area.
    Canola will go in the ground around the 10th May.
    One guy who is in his last crop started Canola yesterday.

Comment

No hurry yet. Take care and keep safe.

Comment

We got rolling yesterday. Feels good to get back out there but always have the first day jitters. We too will need a shot of rain sometime this month. We will not start canola till mid month but not sure that is a good idea as the forecast looks like it gets warmer to dry the top out. What is everyone's humidity threshold for starting in the morning? We use dry fert and hate when lines plug. I like to see sub 70 but prefer sub 60% RH.

Comment

Furrow

We need it to stay dry to keep the chances of a big fire up north to save the crop again.

Comment

For what this has turned into.....I find it hard to beleive there are still people dumb enough to do it.

The risk we are facing this spring is insane.

Pull the TPAs and GPOs?

When reality sets in and denial and feigned optimism no longer works it will grind you down!
            Last edited by farmaholic; May 2, 2016, 06:28.

Comment

Any one want to buy my mud-sc****rs?
              Not needed here lol

Comment

Enjoy your dry seeding. Gonna try here later this week and it'll be into mud.
                Mud is very overrated.

Comment

Lol Bucket yup.
                  Need a rain south of Meadow Lake to PA then 👍

Comment

Farming is the only game in town these days with the rest of the Canadian economy, which is the energy, sector in shambles. I still hold some lightstream resources stock and the big surprise there is that they are not dead yet. If you are tired of the parasites turn back the inputs screw slightly and it will fix that.

Comment

Ajl, less inputs? Lower yields, more weeds that will have to be contolled for years.

Comment

High speed weed sprayer and cheap generic chemicals. Goodbye weed problem.

Just having some fun hobby. Have a good one

Comment

S3 I still don't know why you farm. Your constant comments about "its only a crop", "they steal it from us" and "its all about family" is getting to be a broken record

And today's post about the guy seeding his last crop, I can just bet you are one of the buzzards swarming the land to gobble it up

Comment

Agreed It is in fun, its just a challenge of thinking. Everybody does what they have to to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Furrow

We need it to stay dry to keep the chances of a big fire up north to save the crop again.
                              They have a pretty good one burning around Ft Mac. by all accounts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...