• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earls Restaurant Beef Backlash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earls Restaurant Beef Backlash

Vancouver-based restaurant company snubbing Cdn beef . . . .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/earls-alberta-beef-1.3556565

It will be easy for me to snub Earl's in return, just like A & W.

Comment

My family will do my share. No more Earls for us.

Comment

And just like A&W, Earls will not even notice the 7 people not going there in silent protest compared to the thousands going to Earls to get humane beef feeling good about themselves while slurping up that Kung-Pao made from cutoffs.

So why not meet the need of your customer? Grow some humane beef, whatever the heck that is, and give your customer what they want instead?

Comment

I don't think the word humane is as big of a problem as antibiotic and hormone...... are either of those absolutely necessary in the finishing stages of production at the level they are being used today?

Hormones to enchance gain and blanket application of antibiotics because it's easier than treating individual animals in an outbreak of sickness. Blanket prevention over individual treatment.

Would vaccines be frowned upon as much if they were available for every feedlot illness risk.

This is a last stage production problem....

Comment

I thought they were using certified Angus beef.

Comment

I don't think hormone beef should be raised also. The antibiotics only in cases where the animal is sick or injured, but not like I hear as a part of the diet its bizarre.
              Start producing what people want. If more people knew what was in the food they eat,,,,, wow.
              That's where some of these trade deals fall short we have to buy shit from some of these other countries

Comment

Yup. Earls is on the list of places we'll boycott. A&W and Chipotle are already on it.

Now Nestle has gone goofy with Breyers ice cream "dictating" how the cows need to be raised, and dropping high fructose corn syrup because of GM corn. They actually said "dictate" in the news release.

We need some empty grocery shelves to smarten up the world.

Comment

Should they only use antibiotic hand and dish soap after people start getting sick too?

So much for an ounce of prevention.

Comment

A&W is about the only fast food joint I go to, because they're burgers have substance, not a greasy piece of shoe leather.

'City-fied' siblings love Earls and this won't change. They only buy home-raised beef, detest the stuff in the store.

I detest the industry for fighting what the consumer wants. There are two markets that make up the majority - the welfare-conscious market and the value-conscious market. Canada's beef industry currently is failing to compete in either and falling somewhere in the middle - not cheap but not exactly premiere quality.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      And just like A&W, Earls will not even notice the 7 people not going there in silent protest compared to the thousands going to Earls to get humane beef feeling good about themselves while slurping up that Kung-Pao made from cutoffs.

So why not meet the need of your customer? Grow some humane beef, whatever the heck that is, and give your customer what they want instead?
                      Exactly tweety, never ceases to amaze me how backward thinking producers can be - always a glass half empty instead of a glass half full, seeing opportunity as threat then complaining that everybody is trying to screw them over in the status quo commodity agriculture they've chosen to pursue.

Comment

Significant Twitter backlast against Earl's sourcing Kansas Certified Humane Beef instead of Canadian beef.

[URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BoycottEarls&src=tyah"]https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BoycottEarls&src=tyah[/URL]

Click image for larger version

Name:	earls.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	764908

Comment

Well, I watched the video where Mo presents his case for the beef he has chosen for his chain. When he says that it tastes better than beef not "humanely" treated then I say BULLSHIT.
                          Subjective statements like that should be challenged...what he is doing is promotion for promotion's sake.
                          Build a better business case and watch the business boom...that's all it is folks.
                          In the meantime, I will never darken the door of Earl's...BAR and all.

Oh yes, they have a bar...how delightfully healthy is that?
                          ====

Comment

It's all marketing. Canadian farmers need to do a better job. Certified humane certified sustainable. Costs us nothing but helps sell our products into a premium market

Comment

This is a long range ploy by the food industry for at least two things. First, increase prices. "Humane" beef is worth more per plate, maybe ten bucks. Then long term, when every restaurant has some special stupid attribute, rather than paying a premium to the specialty beef producer, the specialty beef, be it natural, organic or humane, becomes the standard and commodity beef will trade at a discount.

The new axiom should read, "the customer is still the customer, they're just not always right".

WTF does humane mean anyway? I know only one inhumane producer in this area, a German immigrant that starved his cows and will soon be in jail with one of my very large Native cousins for a bunk mate. Happy times ahead little homey. We'll see who the Master Race is soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...