• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statscan seeding intentions report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statscan seeding intentions report

Canola acres down over 3% to 19.3 million acres. Spring wheat down but Durum acres up. Lentils and peas up. Any surprises? Any comments?

I'll agree with you on the fertilizer question because it just pisses me off that my ammonia is 3 cents higher under pre buy.

Comment

they are building 4-5 fert sheds in this district alone. and they are going to tear down a perfectly good one in the process.
      the margins must be phenomenal.

maybe it will be different than the 80s
      when we chased every profitable crop in to the ground ,
      until nothing was profitable.
      we are just lucky at this point that India is having the problems they have.
      holding up the price of fert. now just shows how much market control they have

Comment

And Argentina

Comment

S/f - but farmers are all proud to pre buy and puff out their chest they are ahead of the "game".
          Not shittin on you but the market has done its job to make us spend our money to float their business for 6 months for free

Comment

For some strange reason I actually think Stats Canada Got this one report right.

Canola is down way down.
            Durum up hell I even have a few quarters going in. Its dry so we use to be able to grow durum why not get back in.
            Wheat down and winter up. Yea guys got it seeded last fall vs year before.
            Oats down and in the shitter. Because the market price is so low it doesn't pay to grow even with a 70 cent dollar.
            Barley up but guys will try for malt and get feed.
            Peas up in our area and down where they were good last few years.
            Lentils replace peas in good area and even a few guys out our way.
            Time will tell but looks bang on.

Comment

Durum acres are like malt barley seeded acres.It does not matter what is seeded it is what is harvested in good shape that has an effect on the price in the end.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...