• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Less Foreign Sask Farmland Investor!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Less Foreign Sask Farmland Investor!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/curious-story-dismembered-chinese-tycoon-found-dead-vancouver-mansion

Darn

Hmmm.. Shocker - lol

Comment

People should really read this story. Take a look at some of the business deals that occur in Canada and the only way they happen is if politicians create or change laws. To make them happen. Tell me people aren't being bought off with a straight fac if you can. Who is allowing these things to happen and why is what people need to ask.

Comment

But street justice never gets practiced here. Imagine Bill and his cohorts...
        But no, instead the constituents put him back in. Notice how ****ing invisible he has become? I don't recall seeing the "grease fire" during the election results coverage..... except for his smiley mug shot when they were showing his riding results.
        Flip a few rocks! He'll probably be portrayed as the victim by the time this whole thing is settled....poor Bill.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 15, 2016, 07:21.

Comment

Some think it is a good idea to have young Canadian farmers compete with ill gotten Chinese money in order to build there business so that land asset values can stay propped up. For a while they tried to deny it was ill gotten Asian money ballooning the Vancouver real estate market. Turns out it may actually be ill gotten Asian money after all.

Comment

Agreed ajl. There are young guys in the neighborhood who cannot afford these land prices. I realize here is Sask we were long overdue for a correction higher but when the land starts selling for more than it's ability to pay for itself I think it may be too expensive. Not every farm is large enough to subsidize the purchase with paid-for land or is sitting on a pile of "old money". There is some funny stuff happening around here too with an operation that probably couldn't do what they are doing without "outside help". Smoke and mirror, shell game, magic participation. Easy to spend someone else's money.

Show the "independent" investors where the bear shit in the woods. Don't farm it for a loss so they can see a return on their investment. I think this thing has just about run it's course in Sask. This isn't Alberta or the RR-Valley of Manitoba.

Comment

I'll gotten Asian money?

What about I'll gotten saskatchewan taxpayer money.

Have you forgot a saskatchewan mla that cut a deal with a farmland investor to smooth out some rough patches for his farm?

What's the difference?

Comment

So it is better to sell to the big farmer and the young never ever have a chance at it or sell to the investor that will rent to the young farmer.Not sure this is the time for Saskatchewan to start turning away investment money.so the pension fund instead of buying farmland buy Viterra.Will be hard for some of the Sask Party to now say things will be shut down after some of them made money on the deals.

Comment

Let it go and step back and look at the whole picture bucket. Sask. is the best prov. in the country to live in! Every gov. in the world has some backroom dealings, it's human nature.

Comment

Stonepicker

I guess it's ok then. They just got a mandate to continue stealing from the taxpayers.

Comment

Newguy

No one would touch sask wheat pool when they were in trouble but when you look at their facilities not much is different.

Seems odd that cppib could have bought in at one tenth the cost.

Comment

No it's not ok, but there are far bigger things to talk about that affect the economy a lot more. Aren't politicians like used car salesmen? ( chuckle )

Comment

Wow..it is OK to do it cause that is just human nature.Not everyone is OK with abusing public money.

Comment

Right away some people want to take any comment to the extreme. never once said it was ok. Obviously the majority of voters felt he was doing enough good things to vote for him again.

Comment

Yeah I question why they vote the likes of boyd and ritz back in but I guess if it's a conservative candidate .... a monkey would do.

HF.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...