• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Fuel taxes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Fuel taxes

How things have changed. I just caught a bit about the new Alberta budget where gasoline taxes are going up 4.5 cents/litre and Diesel 5.5. Which, along with the increases from last year will make them higher in Alberta than Saskatchewan for the first time since ??? ever, or at least as far back as I can remember.

When travelling west I always planned it so the tank got a fill at either Oyen or Provost, both going and coming home. It sounds like those days are gone.

"$ Alberta bound !"

Just what do you mean by "bound" wiseguy?

"bound" as in leaping strides forward or "bound" as in being held, tied or restrained?

Make yourself clear.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 15, 2016, 07:51.

Comment

Carbon levy seems to hit middle income wage earners and municipalities hardest as well as general consumers in freight etc.
      Large emitters already pay an emissions tax. Farmers' marked fuel will be exempt. Lower income will get rebates.
      It is supposed to earn face at the table to negotiate pipelines. I get that. But I question the amount of face earned vs respect lost.
      Whose bargaining table will this help at?
      This tax like many is unfair to middle income wage earners. Again it sets farmers apart as 'special'.
      A flat sales tax appears inevitable.

Comment

Now you SK boys get to pay carbon tax to both AB and BC when you ship your grain. I would have preferred even an HST to carbon tax because at least it is a little more honest. Climate is fine and Co2 not a pollutant.

Comment

What is it a litre gas at the pump in Alta?

Comment

Originally posted by riders2010 View Post
            What is it a litre gas at the pump in Alta?
            91.9 at the Three Hills turnoff. 88.9 if you wander downtown.

Comment

84.9 at the Co-op in White City last time I paid attention.....a few days ago. Daughter says it's 92.9 now.

Comment

You really have to shop around to find out where you will get ripped off the least. Just like marketing grain.

Only price is more visible. I use GAS BUDDY on the net and that records just about every station. Need the same for grain.

Comment

I filled up in Stettler last night after work @82.9 got home in Olds and noticed it was 94.9.
                  Paid for my trip home just on gas savings.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...