• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 ways to calculate fair rental rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I think the government wanted to sell the land to the farmers so they say the rent is going up for the next 2 years if you do not buy.was thinking on buying the pasture to simplify things but for what they wanted forget it.Did not sound like there would even be any discount for fencing it and putting in dugouts.

Comment

Sask3. The last time things went down here was when we had 2digit interest rates. Only answer to your question is: supply and demand. We dont get crazy yields but its a stable, predictable area with a lot of old money. A 3 year drought may lower demand somewhat but actual rents a fraction.
      If rents change to % ? Stable.
      My guess is with large acre capability and relatively moderate farm size in Camrose Killam area; the only driver for low remts would be sustained, ultra low commodity prices.

Comment

Sask3. The last time things went down here was when we had 2digit interest rates. Only answer to your question is: supply and demand. We dont get crazy yields but its a stable, predictable area with a lot of old money. A 3 year drought may lower demand somewhat but actual rents a fraction.
        If rents change to % ? Stable.
        My guess is with large acre capability and relatively moderate farm size in Camrose Killam area; the only driver for low remts would be sustained, ultra low commodity prices.

Comment

Freeride s rates are higher than private land so he can F off.
          A contract is a contract rates are supposed to be tied to price of grain of which don't you think that would be a good idea even for private deals? But the real story is oil cos and their sponsored farmers want to purchase the land to do what they want eventually strip mine etc. That's what this is really about. Yep really looking after farmer interest. Fakers are worse than the ndp ever were and they were horrible.

Comment

A lot of crown land was sold to farmers/ranchers from 2009 through 2013.
            There was a discount of that started at 10% than decreased 2% per year.

Now it appears instead of offering discounts for purchasing, they are increasing crown land rent prices to make people consider purchasing the land.

Comment

Good point Blackpowder.

Comment

I can see rental prices going up if less land is available to rent.investment guys have been out bidding big farmers and making more land available to the young guys starting up.Take away the investment buyers the young guys can not afford to out bid the big farmer and land is not for rent .

Comment

Rider there is no way the provincial rent is higher than private.

Frigging lands branch leases have always been a subsidy to whoever has them.

Comment

Heard of land in the rosetown area at 125.00/ ac cash. Could this be right? Send them my way if true!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...