• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 years ago on Vimy Ridge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 years ago on Vimy Ridge

Young Canadian soldiers gave their lives in the birth of a nation.

Lest we forget their sacrifice.

Above all we should appreciate the peaceful existance we have in the country we call home. Yes, Canadians fought and lost lives in other countries' wars but here at home it has basically been peaceful and stable in spite of all the real and perceived injustices we like to bitch and moan about....

It may not be perfect here but it is more Utopian than dystopian.

In this part of Canada we will soon be into a new season where nature wakes from it's restful winter state to spring forth new life. Enjoy the time preparing for the job of planting seeds that give life to the countryside in a patchwork pattern across miles and miles of endless soil waiting to nuture what hopefully is your reward with the blessing of Mother Nature.....

Oh Canada.....
    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 10, 2016, 11:55.

Comment

I visited Vimy back in 2009.
      It should be on every Canadian's bucket list.

Comment

My maternal Grandfather was wounded in the hand at Vimy and suffered from a gas attack. After recovery he was assigned to driving an ambulance (horse drawn). He was just 20 years old. I can't imagine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...