• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian economy adds 40,600 new jobs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think they are overpaid.

28 to 44 an hour plus overtime after 8. Pretty much what people in the auto industry, trades, sciences make.

Retail / wholesale will always be way less simply because the skills and labour required are less demanding.

A welder should make way more than a guy stocking shelves at peavy mart.

A roofer should make more than a hamburger flipper.

And just because you have a degree in women's studies doesn't mean your entitled to professional level wages...

Comment

They are grossly overpaid compared to everyone including stocking shelves. The wages wont be the same but the disparity is outrageos. And when the people on those low wage jobs protest some of the overpaid smartasses call them welfare people well who s on welfare now for more than most people make and still complaining? And where the fk are all these big oil that made billions on billions why aren't they offering to keep their employees? Why the fk is it up to us to welfare overpaid people?
      People cant make a living at these other jobs so then the answer by the big oil puppets is lets go get foreigners who will work for nothing, Do you see who works at all the stores etc? its a scam all the way through.

Comment

And who s making that 28 to 44 in the oil industry? Try above 50 and double and triple time after hours. There is a reason the ag dealers and other repair places are charging a 1,000 bucks just to start the truck to come out and take a peak at your equipment.

Comment

well I was there riders , top end of the patch grossly overpaid as I was . I took it and put it in the bank and was glad I wasn't paying it . but as was said the majority of the workers were making 28-44 /hr , and worked hard for it . left home 2-3 weeks at a time . you have no idea about the average patch worker . but you are right about the wages going up everywhere else because of the "perceived "patch wages

Comment

Oh actually I do know the oil worker deal. Maybe you weren't in on the top deals but 150 to 175 a day living allowances meals travel. There are kids here driving company trucks coming home filling up dad's fuel tanks from the skid tank. All expenses paid. Somebody pays for all that guess who?
            Then there is the other side. 70% divorce rate. Young Guys working away from home lots of money visit more holes out in the patch than gainers gophers. Then we can talk about the drug trade which is a reality that follows many of the people around. A few young guys left here as good kids come back stoners and broke.

Comment

Riders, I also worked rigs and diamond drills many years ago. I hope to make you see things a little different because the journey was for me.
              The living allowance sounds great but how much does it cost for a room in a high demand area? Or meals at a restaurant and fuel?
              It's not the regular kids that get the company truck and not everybody is a thief.
              Working 12 hours a day, driving 1.5-2 hours a day to and from work, bathing and eating left no time for water holes. The very odd time I did go it would be mostly locals.
              Yes I don't remember how many times I heard a guy say, one year I worked all winter then came home to no woman, money and furniture. I read divorce is 50-60%. the average is much higher on the patch. Does it make it the mans fault?
              I am not sure about the drug thing there, but do know it's a problem amongst our population. I thought the companies do testing now?
              One time I was waiting in line at the elevator and a fellow farmer that was only a couple of years older than me asked ( can you look me in the eye and tell me you are worth that much per hour?) I told him we need more good men and could get him a gob. He never came or spoke like an envious person again.
              After the slowdown in the early eighties most of the guys I knew (a lot of hell raisers) moved on to better things or moved up the ladder and are doing very well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...