• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian economy adds 40,600 new jobs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian economy adds 40,600 new jobs

This surprised all economists, who were predicting only 10,000 for the month of March. Unemployment drop from 7.3% to 7.1%

Alberta added 19000 new jobs for the month of March unemployment dropped from 7.9% to 7,1%. Premier Notley stated the oil royalites have dropped from $10 billion just two year ago to slightly over $1 billion for next year. That's a lot of money, lost to the Alberta province.

Small improvements, but at least moving in the right directions.

Take Stat's Can numbers with a grain of salt. They seldom have accurate information. Truth is nobody really knows as how would you get accurate information so this is just a guess. The acid test to see if anybody believe this info is weather of not the B of C allows interest rates to rise. Maybe the government does not need to have a huge deficit for the purposes of stimulus. After all the economy is healthy and doesn't need more stimulus. April numbers will show a rise in unemployment again.

Comment

Yeah, that's the nice thing about the civil service - there are no limitations as to how much it can be expanded!And we all know how much tax-and-spend governments can grow an economy by running bigger deficits...

Comment

So the 40,000 or 19,000 are all Gov civil servants....wow!

Comment

Thousands of Stats Canada employees will be added between April and June as well.

This will show up as added jobs in all provinces but will add no benefit to the country but will actually be a nuisance.

Comment

I will agree that the economy is probably not that bad in Canada right now. The real challenge is to reduce government spending right now as the tax base in Canada shrivels and entitlements rise. (mainly from retiring baby boomers). Replacing $40 hr jobs with $20 per hour will do that. There is not one government at any level in Canada that takes this seriously. By the time most of the baby boomers are in the grave Canada, if it still exists, will be an impoverished nation since the boomer generation wealth will perish with them.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              Yeah, that's the nice thing about the civil service - there are no limitations as to how much it can be expanded!And we all know how much tax-and-spend governments can grow an economy by running bigger deficits...
              Any proof that's where the new jobs are or just throwing BS hoping some will stick?

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              So the 40,000 or 19,000 are all Gov civil servants....wow!
              So are you doubting Burnt's claims or believing them hook line and sinker?

Comment

I don't know why they don't build another stadium in Saskatoon? Play 5 games one place 4 the other it would be well worth it.

Comment

Riders

Why? Why do you do that?

Now I am just angry all over again.

Comment

Sorry bucket I can't respond right now. I m doing my part to help freeride save the economy. I m on the new bypass with a carload of unemployed oil workers taking them in to get their cheques.
                    Didn't realize this bypass was so dam far out of the city should have filled up with gas. Might not make it in. Wait a minute there s a plane on the field right next. Oh....... Yah it's airplane billy giving free rides so we ll be fine!!!

Comment

I would think you all would be jumping up and down as Brad has only been reelected 4 days and look mat the results. !!!! WOW

Comment

We're all wondering if all 4 of you are in Edmonton and which one is taking over mulcars job?

Comment

If you read various sources it is hard to figure out lol. First off manufacturing lost almost 32000 positions, odd with low dollar. But there was a 25000 job increase in healthcare and social assistance, no specific province given. As for Alberta the majority of new jobs were were in retail and wholesale trade. And the resource sector lost just over another 2000 jobs. I am glad I am not a statistician lol. The fact remains high paying resource sector jobs are being replaced by lower paying service industry jobs, it will have far reaching consequences imo. Have a good day:-)

Comment

Without getting political though the oil jobs are way overpaid, and so what do we all expect the other people in our society to do? When a sector like that is grossly overpaid it raises the costs of everything to everyone else, they live high on the hog but what do you expect the rest to do? Case in point I think that's what happened in alberta the other people realized this big boom doesn't include us. Not saying this to be political but its the issue that people aren't talking about enough.

Comment

its real simple , Harper had made it hard for statscan , Trudeau is throwing money at them . wtf else would they say . like their huge canola crop last year , all bs

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...