• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sask party thinking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sask party thinking

So I ask my saskparty candidate some questions.

Not sure why this doesn't come up in the campaign but his answers are disappointing because he tells me to do the legwork on some issues.

What the **** is he suppose to do?

One answer doesn't make sense .... why call the highways about competition on a rail line.

Here's the content......

What are your positions on the following local issues.

Q1. Highway 42 and re routing it around eybrow to allow elevator expansion. 

A1. This is not something that is being considered at this time.

Q2. South qu'appelle irrigation project and making 100 farmers instant millionaires without them putting a dime of their own money in.  Use riverhurst as an example.

A2. The Saskatchewan Party has a plan for growth that includes an irrigation strategy for investment, and we will continue to explore those opportunities.

Q3. Railway performance on the line from moose jaw to gardiner dam terminal where there is no competition?

A3. I would suggest that you contact the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure after the election.

Q4. Current stats on railways movement nationally?

A4. Grain movement has been on track this winter and is ahead of the five-year average.  Our government will review the CTA review which was just tabled federally and work to ensure there is a long train transportation strategy.

Q5. Grainco mandatory reporting similar to what they have in the states and should have been enacted in august 2012?

A5. I would suggest you contact the Ministry of Agriculture after the election.

This is what I get for an mla???? ? ?

Do you farm around eyebrow? That area is severely under serviced by truck and rail.

Why would the highway have to move to expand the viterra?

Comment

Bucket your not supposed to Question them.
      Just be a Cheerleader ,for they can do NO wrong
      If you Question them ,they immediately say 'oh ya look at what the NDP did'

Comment

What did your ndp candidate say when you asked him/her those same questions?

Comment

Klause

The highway is too close and won't allow expansion.

Viterra owns eyebrow and 50 percent of gardiner dam terminal. The two main delivery points. If you live near eyebrow and deliver to gdt the grain comes back on rail past eyebrow.

Gdt is 112 car spot.
          Eyebrow a 38 car spot 10000 tonne concrete.

By moving the highway that they are currently rebuilding (guess why) it would allow an expansion. And if viterra won't do it then the competition bureau should have a look at it. And a new grain
          Company put in place.

More jobs.

Comment

Stonepicker

Ndp candidate said "wow" when she drove the highway.

I think she realized she wouldn't be the mla and said it's something the new mla should look into and get done.

It's been sask party for over a decade in this area. Completely forgotten by lyle stewart.

Comment

Just kind of curious, what was built there first the elevator or the highway back in the day?

Comment

There is no doubt they could have positioned the elevator in a better place.

But it's there. And they are rebuilding the highway. Re routing from going thru the town makes sense. Allows expansion which creates permanent jobs.

The math on getting trucks off the highways justifies the project.

And hey if it makes sense to go around regina for 2 billion .... pretty sure this makes better sense.

Comment

It would take a full 10k tonne terminal to fill a 112 car unit train.
                  I assume the siding would need to be expanded along with storage capacity of the terminal. Having all the same grain in store for a unit grain would require a lot of storage capacity. Nothing saying the unit train can't have more than one type of grain but when it takes all the grain the terminal can hold is an issue.

Remember a while back when I posted the commercial storage capacity of Can, Aus, and the US. Canada only had about 20% storage capacity of an average crop. I believe Aus had over 100% and the US somewhere in between but alot higher than Canada.

Here they(commercials) rely on farmers to supply the storage....for free after contracts are signed and cheap after the delivery periods lapse.

Then it's the producer's problem when the malt barley loses it's germ......nice!

Comment

By expansion ... I mean move the highway...get the 112 or 134 car spot or loop.....add on to the elevator 3 cans of 10000 tonne each.

They are doing it everywhere. Meanwhile this areas grain gets put on highways that are ****ed because graincos and railways won't move the grain out of a 38 car spot that feeds into moose jaw yards.

Even if they just gave them a train a week that elevator would do alot for the volume in the area.

But since the railways want and only service 112 why not help make it happen.

Comment

Now you dryland farmers notice that irrigation project you are going to help pay for right?

1.5 billion dollar project.

Half for ag. 750 million on 100000 acres is 7500 per irrigated acre to get water to the quarter line.

130 acres X 7500 is a nice gift of 975000 per quarter. And the farmers won't put a dime in.

Can't believe people vote for this.

Comment

Country Guide article, "The Canadian Made Bottleneck" dated June 25 2014 and I doubt things would have changed much since then

Canada: "barely" 20%
                        US: about 50%
                        Brazil: about 117%
                        Aus: 175%--hard to believe.

Subtitle:

The West’s grain paralysis was predictable. Canada has a Third World grain infrastructure, and it’s getting worse

Comment

And yet my mla says grain moving well.

Just a ****ing moron.

Do the math on the current weather. Lots of guys gaining acres every day. Good acres where real yields have been gone for 5 years.

2013 here we come.

The elevators should ge begging for grain by now. And our system just keeps downloading storage to the farm where it can't be put into the transportation system quickly.

It's putting canada at an incredible disadvantage because it can't be accessed quickly.

I know you BTOs can move grain but one boat would clean the largest guys out quickly. They load that in two days at the port. Can the BTOs move their storage in 2 days?

If it was at the tracks and graded it's at least a week closer to customers.

Comment

It's funny how it's always other people's fault but the people bit ching won't ever help or get involved amazing.

Comment

Bucket - Look at the damn numbers buddy. Grain by rail is moving at near RECORD levels. Just because a bunch of boats don't have anything else to load and are sitting around the port waiting for a contract or a haul doesn't mean a damn thing when ocean freight rates are ridiculously low.

Competition bureau should look at your area because no other grain company feels the return is worth the investment?! You don't think the proper ministries consulted with the elevator before the decision? Do you think maybe Vittera said they don't see any expansion of that site?

Poor poor Bucket isn't a "BTO" and those who are, are just screwing him. How about you decided how much money you think you are ENTITLED to and just tell your MLA they should give it to you. Quit your damn whinning. Get your numbers straight because right now You're coming off as an entitled asshat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...