• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Farmers Ramping Up Pulse Acres!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first year we started farming 1972 flax was $11.50/ bushel and Durum $7.00. Total variable costs for a 640 acre farm $30 an acre. Flax yielded apprx 30 bushel and Durum about 45. That was the year after LIFT. Lift away Liberals.

Comment

Those were the GOOD old days! $9 canola in 74. New Deere 4430, $14000.

Comment

Sure were 40 dollars a barrel for oil and a gallon of gas was 25 cents or 6 cents a liter.

Nothing to see here folks move along and bend over.

Comment

Exactly Wiseguy. Mother nature has a way of curing the impulse to grow crops in areas they shudn't be. May get away with it a year or two but eventually she evens the score.

Comment

How about 0.23 GRIP lentils in 1992. That year there was lentils at Vegreville AB. Ah the good old days. Wheat was around $3 per bushel then.

Comment

One positive there'll be some high pro lentil greenfeed out there for the cows up here in the north. No heat stress or near drought and they'll be 6' tall without a seed in them. If oats can have in determinant growth here sometimes then I can't see how lentils wouldn't. Peas going in around here on ground guys swore they'd never ingest another rock for. There again 5' tall diseased 5 bpa cow food. Guess the hard lessons 3 years ago weren't hard enough for some.

Comment

Sask Crop insurance is going to get sand bagged by Nov on this one .
                I agree the money is there on pepper but when the quality is not there and crop insurance has to do claims - it will be deer in the headlight time.
                I fear for next years premiums is all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...