• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Farmers Ramping Up Pulse Acres!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Farmers Ramping Up Pulse Acres!!!!

Just what we need!! Another country increasing acres to the enth degree. In their prospective planting report yestserday it shows a 72% increase to lentils, and 24% more peas.
    Here in Canada Ive been hearing lentils going to grown way in the north, as far north as NWT. It's getting to be about that stupid.

Hug your new crop pricing contract with AOG clauses...then lock it in the safe.

Comment

Now the time to start selling landrollers,guards, sickles, and concaves.

Comment

Does aog cover grainco delivery delays?

And the losses when you are selling lentils for 20 cents.

Better yet our pulse varieties that were paid for out of checkoff funds were sold off to the states. The short version.

I missed the memo on the dividend cheque on our ROI on checkoffs.

So now our competitors with better farm programs transportation weather etc etc have bought our turnkey varieties.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot and maybe out of business.

Comment

Processor told me yesterday he's heard of 20k farmers putting every ac into lentils. Durum ac are expected to rise, not sure how if guys are doing lentil on lentil. There will be tons of that happening. Guess they forgot about the word root rot.

Comment

We have guys in Humboldt and east growing lentils this year lol.

To be fair south and west towards colonsay they do well and guys have been growing them for years but not in Muenster / Leroy country

Comment

But Lyle bought a few votes with the insurance package he announced.

He is too stupid to know the damage he will end up causing.

This story has been written and told before. The buyers are bigger and have more control now than in the past.

Maybe its a good thing cppib is bidding on glencore's ag unit?

Comment

$14 canola had guys in the far south doing the same thing a few years back. Like a dog chasing its tail.

Comment

True but it doesn't make it right.

We really are our own worst enemy.

Comment

And we were told that is the reason prices dropped. Well they aren't growing near the acres now. Are we back up to $14?
                    Little bit like the price of crude has something to do with pump prices.

Comment

Don't know don't care - simply stating a fact that farmers chase old markets. This lentil thing may be a bit different and if you get good quality , prices may stay strong into harvest. If you get poor quality , and there may be a lot - be prepared for a bath. Canola is a different animal - 95% of the time it is still a top grade .

Comment

But furrow ... you know they are going to try to blend that shit out.

Last time I grew lentils .... they graded a 3 .... worth 8 cents. My wheat was worth more.

When I finally sold them years later.... they were a 2 and worth 32 cents. But it was a struggle to keep the faith.

Comment

Been in the same situation as well and you are correct , just may need to hold off grade for 2-3 years this time.

Comment

Are those pea AC going to yellows in the U.S. ? I hope so , that will take the 'heat' off my greens ...

Comment

subliminal messages furrow?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...