• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobbs RB auction ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sour g****s here, i am a hour away.

Comment

More to this story... not involving anyone going broke.

Comment

Krause, it reads to me exactly like a success story. Farmer guy goes farming, raises his family, rents and buys land, utilizes modern efficient machinery until he reaches a pinnacle, then sells it for multi millions and lives happily ever after.
        It's not any different than a person who owns 51 Taco Time franchises, or 51 La Senza outlets selling out to retire.

Comment

It reads to me like a guy living in a free country, gets to a point in his life where he wants to kick back, throttle down, not want to worry about the clouds, the railways, 30 men and their wives, weeds, chemicals. After 20 or 30 years he may just be saying to hell with it, I have a few good years left and I don't need to do this until I can't walk anymore.

Comment

I have one question, why not sell useless equipment and then rent the property out and retire!
            Land is a hard asset money in bank is a asset.

Just wondering. Nice farm Eh!

Comment

Who the hell knows? Could be a million things divorce, cancer, cashing out to do it all over again somewhere else, sick of working so damn hard, clubroot, maybe they think they can buy it back for half price in a few years!

Comment

Who the hell knows? Could be a million things divorce, cancer, cashing out to do it all over again somewhere else, sick of working so damn hard, clubroot, maybe they think they can buy it back for half price in a few years!

Comment

They buy brand new equipment for the entire farm in 2014, literally everything. 8 combines, 6 quad tracks etc...builds all new bins and grain handling system. Even has plans for another row of 60,000 bushel bins with 8 new bins left unbuilt sitting in storage. Kids are just getting to the age to farm on their own. Then bammo sell it all.....

Comment

Does anyone planning on quitting ever buy new shit for a capital lose (at the sale) to offset a capital gain after you ran out of personal exemption? How would that ever make sense...April fools day.

Comment

Ache4,

I saw a similar pattern growing up. Just when the kid was going to get started farming.....sale.....
                      It's a free world and the parents may want to cash in to enjoy the reward they have earned.
                      The kids will have to make their own way in life.

What exactly is a "peasant with feathers" anyway? I have never heard of that term .

Comment

Story I got from a friend that was up there about 10 days ago is that they had everything given to them 10 years ago and basically piss it away in that time with new equipment and bad management.

Comment

I can't imagine there is anyone on here...that thinks walking into the dealer and buying $10,000,000 in new equipment is going to pencil out...unless he is growing some magical crops that we aren't!

To each his own, but I can't justify buying one $700,000 combine with $10 canola let alone 8 combines. I am wrong?!?!

Comment

Wise. Hmmm "he who dies with the most combines wins!" Not quite how I remember the saying. But I guess it's something to shoot for!

Comment

Why sell again. Put cash away to retire! Keep land, rent out farm, pay taxes and enjoy.

Comment

Story I got from a friend that was up there about 10 days ago is that they had everything given to them 10 years ago and basically piss it away in that time with new equipment and bad management.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...