• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobbs RB auction ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobbs RB auction ..

Did all the dirt sell to one buyer ? Huts ?
    Lots of big new iron sold there yesterday

That was an amazing block of dirt. Something to strive for but can be pretty tough to do in a competitive environment.

How much more would you pay for the missing piece of the puzzle or something that fits nicely into your farm? What's the furthest you want to, or will, travel to farm a quarter, a section?

Comment

One buyer bought 20 or so 1/4's one shot at $340,000 per 1/4. Not sure if that's high or not for the area. Plus the yard after.
      Big tractors and combines sold for about the 1 or 2 year depreciated value .
      BG air drills were apparently a deal

Comment

I was surprised at the price. Seemed low to me. That's Alberta land!!!

Comment

Banks must be lending money. That land is cheaper than Saskie quack grassie.

Comment

Theyll be lending sad to say but currently AG is maybe the safest place for them to be lending too. Rate of defaults on Ag money vs oil money would be a real interesting read these days.

Comment

Seems odd that the best place to park money is land ... according to some experts.....and yet these guys are selling out?

Comment

Many reasons I would think , but ya bucket I often wonder why some are selling and the next can't get enough . Depends where you are in life I guess .

Comment

...maybe he is burnt out!

Comment

Farma, interesting observation. Maybe he is burned out, or just tired of taking the risk, or retirement age or not enough employees. There can be a long list. I dont see much wrong in cashing in at the end if the run. A carpet store of KFC owner/manager may build up multiple outlets (quarter sections) , then sell when they think its time.
                    The gossip on the street is a very good farmer in the neighborhood rented out because it was stressing him out too much. Fair enough, I can respect that. Another very good farmer rented out because he had a specific timeline to retire. He reached that time and followed his plan.

Comment

That is a good price for remote AB land. Nearest trade center is Dawson Creek. The deals is the land needing clearing which sold for $97000 a quarter. Get these quarters in production and then sell them to the $340000 guy if he is still solvent by then. They are making more farm land every day as deflation sets in it will be hard to hold on the expensive stuff if there is significant debt.

Comment

Why sell out you ask? Why not? That would be my question. He just became a multi millionaire with cash in hand, money not tied up in land, machinery, etc. Perfect time for retirement or whatever if you ask me. And if not fully retired, maybe just enough land so he can farm it himself and not have 10-20 employees to babysit.

Comment

Nobbs will be driving to his million dollar cottage this summer, passing by farm fields full of mud and stuck farm equipment and asking himself, why arent these guys selling?

Comment

I am pretty sure looking at things that they must have over extended themselves. With a lock stock and barrel sale including their land...seems like maybe some bankster wanted their money back

Comment

It looks like a top notch operation. 20,000 acres.
                              Makar, I am sensing some sour g****s !

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers and the Nobbs family are excited to offer, by unreserved auction, 51 parcels of real estate and a large line up of late model equipment. Danny, Denise & their three children (Dillan, Danica & Deanna) have grown this farm year after year to over 20,000 acres. As farming practices have changed, with new technology and state of the art equipment, this farm is truly a modern high yielding grain farm. This farm is very well laid out with large expansive fields allowing for maximum efficiencies required by the largest equipment in this sector. Water management has been a priority with prolific yields and productivity evident. A profitable investment is what you expect when purchasing this property.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...