• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realagriculture.com.....Really

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realagriculture.com.....Really

Its sad to see Real Agriculture has stooped to the level of the anti-GMO crowd. Rather then championing the success of conventional agriculture, they are resorting to mud slinging and spin doctoring half truths. This does nothing for the credibility of modern agriculture.

Their latest attack on General Mills campaign to raise awareness for wild honey bees is a prime example. They have no business attacking them with half truths. Be nice if they spent more time on promoting the positives of conventional agriculture and promoting successful innovations rather then engaging in fights with the anti-GMO crowd, because it a losing battle.

What if they are the canary in the coal mine?
    Naaaah, keep spraying. There is a hungry world to feed.

Comment

Yep 2'4D has been on the market for what 70 years? You would think with all the herbicides and pesticides being sprayed that our life span would get shorter eh? Instead it has increased greatly! Maybe farm chemicals aren't as bad as everyone makes out? Our bodies have arsenic in them for crying out loud. Pass the roundup please, i'm thirsty. Unfortunately the farmer will continue to get thrown under the bus.

Comment

The truth probably is that H2S and arsenic are two of the original compounds responsible for lifeforms first replication.

But its too complicated (or maybe too simple ) a theory to attempt to describe to those who only could ever envision such toxic and dangerous elements and compounds as being anything other that what comes to mind amongst those who would sacrifice canaries.

Comment

lakenheath, your post contains no details from either side. Nor does it contain which half truths you seem to feel are misrepresented.

Perhaps you could take some time and post what you feel the problem is along with some detail, links etc so we know what the heck you're referring to rather then just bashing RealAgriculture.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9fbMQUVYuRQ

Tweety.....I think this is the ad that I think he feels RealAg may be opposing.

Comment

I just spend spent a little time reading this:
              This is just an analysis, not scientifically proven.
              So this may be more half truths, it got too complicated for me to totally understand.

http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416/htm

Comment

Pretty ****ing powerful...

Comment

Is that scentless chamomile in the video?

Comment

" Pretty ****ing powerful..." Ha ha ha

Until the Cargill agronomist does a sweep (in the middle of the afternoon because they have so many clients) and recommends to spray insecticide for bertha army worm or risk a bushel a day yield loss on the canola crop which is 46% of your seeded acres....

Comment

The bee population in North America has been increasing. Europe too. But the greenies make yet another fake panic issue.

The bees are just peachy.

Comment

.....just because????

Anyone who knows anything about Integrated Pest Management and Best Management Practices shouldn't "just because"!!! Get a new Agrologist or start making your own decisions.

Public awareness campaigns like this will strike a cord with the general public.

I hear you loud and clear hobby!!! Go ahead and plant all the wild flowers you like, indiscriminate use of insecticides will offset the effort.

Have you been assigned a portfolio yet?

Comment

I am in no position to argue about the health of the bee population. Even if everything is ok, touchy feely campaigns can be powerful even if they are misleading....or not.

Maybe General Mills and the public should pay a decent value for the grain in their products instead of cheaping out and encouraging production based on large volumes at reduced prices.

Comment

https://www.realagriculture.com/2016/03/honey-nut-cheerios-buzz-disappearing-honeybees-not/

Comment

https://www.realagriculture.com/2016/03/honey-nut-cheerios-buzz-disappearing-honeybees-not/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...