• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know that all the ships sitting in Vancouver are contracted. I suspect a number of them are there because nothing else to do. There are bags of grain here but that may be because the fields are too soft to go get them.

Comment

Or if the ships are contracted, to who holds the contract and for what product?

Comment

Oh you guys are talking about a transparent system....good luck with that.

That's like asking for mandatory sales reporting.

Comment

I guess anyone who knows the ins and outs of shipping may laugh
          cause what do I know? But,
          I highly doubt any ship sails into the strait of Juan De ***a
          without an order.
          I have watched on the ship tracking websites the odd ship drift around on the high seas outside the strait.

The tariffs and charges for ships destined to berth in Canada's west coast runs to 11 pages.
          I doubt anyone would decide to show up and see what happened. The charges start immediately.

So what's going on? English Bay is plugged. Right full. The majority of the ships
          are no doubt there for grain, Grain Monitor says 26 ships in Vancouver. Two have been in port since the week of Feb 13-19.

There are 4 in port at Pr Rupert. 3 canola, 1 wheat. 3 more wheat due before the end of the month.

Obviously coordination is suffering. Possibilities: wrong or misgraded grain is railed in, bad weather for loading(terrible weather during week 32), ships show up ahead of schedule, railways have parked cars cause they think they can stretch this work out till new crop, breakdowns, the list goes on.

I'm going to place a lot of the blame on poor railway performance. Unloads have been trending down for
          4 weeks into Vancouver. They normally should be trending up in spring. Pacific terminals need another 1600 cars to get up to working capacity.

Comment

I'm curious about grading accuracy too. Wiseguy, have you had grading disputes?

Comment

I think HITT has his answer to both this and 'Sample to grade' posts.

Fear of repercussions and became a costly joke.

Nobody follows up to see why discrepancy if any. Don't know what they are doing or are they purposely miss representing. That is against the law to miss represent grain quality. Ignorance is no excuse to break the law.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...