• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horses

Who on here rides, or has family that rides horses?

Riding horses, teams, mini team....all a "bucket list" endeavour...never seem to have enough time...but not giving up!

Comment

We ride. Currently are horse free as we donated our horses to a local bible camp in mid summer.

We are shopping for their replacements.

Our winter holiday on Maui included 2 fantastic trail rides. There's a strong western culture there.

We've also ridden in Arizona. It was fantastic.

I ride, but can't rope worth shit. The only thing I throw well is a fit.

My Dad rode a horse all the from Emerson, MB to Fort Macleod to re enact the NWMP trek west.

We're kinda cowboy here.

Comment

The only thing good about the horse culture is the women. Did I say that?

Comment

Can't complain about the women... my wife is a horse chick.

However they do like to beat up on a guy a lot... they are used to making their horses behave like that so naturally their men will be trained the same way.

Wifey trains horses and teaches kids how to ride... we have 7 horses...

She also teaches a 4h club in Saskatoon.... and got me into riding for fun.. and the annual branding in Abbey.... and Saturday night team penning in stoon

Comment

8...down from 10...and haven't used one in three months...but I will! I will! I willlllllllll!

Comment

Don't ride a lot anymore but have a horse in the barn I use regular during calving. Bought her as 2 year old and broke her in and now she's 24. Hard to replace a good horse. I never have the time or get around to breaking in another that I call broke. This old mare has had lots of work and makes moving snakey cattle easier. Put a half broke one out there and you'll pull your hair out.

Comment

Have a couple. Wife and daughters. I have pet them a few times.

Comment

Have 8 now but mostly pets I guess 2 teams that dont get used much anymore and havent sat on one in 2 yrs too old or just lazy or mabey dont want to admit its hard getting a leg over, Used to feed them for slaughter but always felt bad putting them on the truck.
                  Always made it to the mountains west of Rocky Mountian House 2or3 times a yr Dam getting old is the shits! Dont get there last 2yr.

Comment

Here's a comment that might curl some hair...

Where can I get some horse meat, I would love to try it. Any restaurants you know of serve it? No cheap shots at the fast food joints folks, lol. This would be fine dining experience I'm looking for.

Comment

Still use horses for cattle work here. Most neighbors don't. Horses have a couple advantages in my mind. A big one is that they watch where you are going so you don't have to. Your full attention can be on the cattle. And related to that you are less likely to get worked up and get wild.

That said, if you approach cattle too fast on a horse things likely won't work out well.

Comment

farma you need to be careful how much horse meat you consume as it has a tendecy for people that eat too much to start switching there tail.

Comment

Bouvray in Fort Macleod I wonder if they'd retail any horse meat. Their stuff is shipped worldwide on 747's. I've never ate horse but guys who've ate it says it's a bit sweet. North America is probably one of the few places in the world which disdains eating horse meat. I remember a meat buyer saying years back Canada exported more horse meat than beef.

Comment

Best way to make a million in the horse business is start with 2M.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...