• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StatsCanada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StatsCanada

They are calling for info... from now til the end of March I will be dodging that call.

They sent a list of "Associations and Organizations" that endorse and supposedly rely on the information to develop policies and programs to "better serve" us.

Why is it so important to know what our intentions are? How crops are developing and finally how they yielded.

With all the "misinformation" given why do they bother? My plans aren't even nailed down yet and for that matter what business is it of theirs what my inventory is?

Can't they glean the info from Crop Insurance, AgStab(in the back) and AgInvest? Lots of info on those application forms.

GO AWAY...

I must have won the lottery at Statscan because I am on about three or four surveys. I am dodging all the time.

My wife kinda gets pissed off at me for dodging them. So they sent one lady to the door that announced I was picked for a monthly survey on hours worked. Each month they will phone and ask how many hours I worked in the last week.
    Then she said you know it's funny because farmers don't have any work to do in the winter.

Now my wife sees why I friggin hate these guys.

Comment

Wait till you have to fill out that damn "long form census" again. Thanks Turdoe! Filling in how many damn toilets you have, how many hours you work, how many acres you farm and livestock you raise. F off government, that's between myself and my family.

Comment

I lived in a small town just outside Regina and every time the census came, we got the long form because we were the only house on that street. There were 5 of us in the house, all filing tax. A local lady who was quite voiciforous was the deliverer. She said I could return the completed forms to her or I could send them directly to Edmonton, by-passing her, so of course I registered the letter and sent it to Edmonton. About 2 weeks later, she called me at 10:30 at night to say that she had my forms sent to her and wondered why I didn't fill out the area about the greenhouse. I lost it and said I would go to jail before I would ever fill in the long form again with pretty well all our information describing our whole life, so good luck Stats Can. You blatantly shared my information without my approval, so have a good day. Furthermore, where is the privacy when I have to give away all the information of everyone in my house. Can't do that.

Comment

Do what I do on these surveys, even the old long form ones....I write across them....Refer to Income Tax.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...