• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans no show at early auctions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klause. I am going to research that. If that is true I am going to dig in and see if I can request bidder information. It has been my experience as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
      Klause. I am going to research that. If that is true I am going to dig in and see if I can request bidder information. It has been my experience as well.
      I looked up the Ritchie history and the combine at Abbey sold for 99000.00. There were no 8080's at the August Saskatoon sale that matched hours or serial numbers. And another thing ive been to a few auctions and never seen a starting bid of $28000, seem pretty random

Comment

Good luck Ache4acres. ...they will cite the privacy act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Simpleton" too funny for a username. ...I love self deprecating humor. Lol
        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 18, 2016, 12:21.

Comment

Simpleton, where did you pop out of, Edmonton?

Comment

Privacy, my A! At a real in-person auction, where is the privacy? You'd have to wear a sack over your head. There S/B a declaration that all information is public so that transparency and integrity of on-line bidding is legite and proveable. Furthermore, there should be legal onus for all on-line auctions to show the buyers and sellers and price.
            Just saying - If I call an ad and someone says they bought from Company A a year ago and paid so much I ask him if has the bill, because it could be 7 years old. If he didn't keep the bill - CLICK.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Simpleton, where did you pop out of, Edmonton?
              Haha no long time follower been trying for a long time to set up an account finally figured out today my registration was always being sent to the junk box in my emails

Comment

Simpleton , it sounds like you will be a perfect fit with the majority. Welcome to Agriville.

Comment

How about biding on line from the auction site?
                  Always remember you only need the last bid.

Comment

Was watching one of those RB auction shows on tv one night and they said that the pitchmen will bid on items if they feel there are to low and then turn around and move that piece to the next sale. If they feel they can make some money they are allowed to do it. I don't agree with that. The auction people should not be allowed to bid against public bidders.

Comment

Tstep ringman bidding goes on all the time at cattle auction marts unless it's heartland which has a policy against doing that. RB you always see these stories about funny shit and couple that with front a backloaded commission and it makes a guy wonder why you want to deal with them sometimes. Though every auction co has funny shit going on since the dawn of time. Picking bids out of the sky and using the guy on the phone backing out excuse when he got caught. I like Richies for the fact they don't piss around and get stuff sold on time. These other outfits whine and moan for $10 extra for a set of diskers and lose it on the big stuff cause it's getting dark. Internet bidding at farm auctions is rediculous as you get guys bidding the hell out of stuff with little idea of condition. Great for the seller but quite frankly people overpay for stuff online bidding cause you know full well they didn't come and check it out.

Comment

Fully agree Wilton. As a bidder at the auction or online I'm the same as mentioned before. I have my price and stick to it. I may get a deal i may go home without.

Comment

Almost amusing(but not funny) at the "Big Boy Auction"....

Bidding starts on an item.
                          Auctioneer plants the price he wants in peoples mind by starting where he wants to end up.
                          He drops price low enough to apparently get a bid.
                          Amusing part....bid spotters start yelling like fools and auctioneer runs up bids so fast there is no way of knowing whose on....if there is actually anyone on!! Only after that gong show do the Bid spotters seem to scan the crowd looking for the first REAL bid..... give me a break!
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 20, 2016, 09:56.

Comment

They may buy it in order not to lose money as they may have told farmer a guarantee price on the sale.Heard they used to offer that deal but can not say they do for sure if true.

Comment

Yes they do. Was looking at a piece of machinery last week that's coming up for auction in April and farmer told me that he took the guarantee.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...