• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land Values

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Values

Way are ya'll seeing?

Here we are around 2k an acre at home drops when you go south a few miles about 1600 to 1800.

Go west of town and your around 1200 to 1300

Highest I heard of was 1300. Wealthy seed grower kid. Internal deal. Other than that 1000 bucks would buy all you wanted. IF there was any that actually came up for sale. Only sales are the odd one where a long time rental gets sold to the farmer. Land simply does not go on the market here. It is all sewn up. Way too many young farmers around here, taking over from pop. Next generation is when it will all shake loose. The young guys (25-40) are seldom married or with families.

That all being said, I am not sure what would happen in a free and open market if there was a tender open to everyone at this time???

Last land I bought was 2009, for about 600. I thought I was high, and I was, but it was 4 quarters connecting all my land into a solid chunk, and I knew it was my only hope for the rest of my life to buy land, barring a death among the neighbors. Seller said I blew every offer out of the water, and he was taken aback by the value I gave on my ten% cheque. lol My, my how things change. It was a well advertised tender, the last one in the area. But ask Justin. It is 2016 now. All bets would be off.

Excellent land. Deep black clay loam. Just been a mite wet since 2005. Just need some dry weather, and she will be paid for and fast! lol

Interesting how areas vary so much. 2000 bucks to me is just crazy, to some it is cheap. If I got offered 2000, I would walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Free ! You farming in Siberia !
      Close.

Comment

In the last run up of grain prices my 72 year old, still farming neighbor tendered half his land for sale. It sold for $2700/acre. The local colony was the highest tender. RM of Leask and RM of Blaine Lake. The following year a quarter across the road sold for very near the same value. The purchaser was an an active farmer 63 yrs old, who was selling his existing farm to a local large farm. This is a very competitive area with very big and very good farmers. There is unbelievable wealth in this area. New everything, maximum inputs and top production.

Comment

seven hundred an acre will buy just about anything out here, but your not going to grow much.

Comment

close to sixty thousand for a quarter of native prairie, still hard to pencil out 15 cows for the summer.

Comment

3500 an acre but I won't sell till it hits 5000. I believe it was around somerset a owner offered his land to the renters for 6000, they said no and when tendered out it went for 7200, around winkler area it's going for 10000 an acre, retirement looks good,

Comment

Land values have been constant always, its more a matter of dollars losing value and purchasing power.

Comment

Approx. $2000 to $2200 per cult acre...

Lots of young guys ready to get into debt in this area...

Comment

Freewheat

Just wondering have some of your farming neighbors done you some serious wrong to you in the past?

Comment

Lots of young guys have no idea what interest means.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Freewheat

Just wondering have some of your farming neighbors done you some serious wrong to you in the past?
                        Not many. A couple have. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                          Lots of young guys have no idea what interest means.
                          lol How true.

Comment

13-1400 to 19-2100 and anywhere in between depending on quality/assessment.

Hard to wrap my head around those numbers when the most I ever paid was about 65K/quarter.

For those of us old enough to remember those fat red pencils we used in grade one....they never did stay that sharp. I must get a new mechanical pencil that never needs sharpening with some extra refills to make some of the numbers quoted here pencil out. A multi-pak of erasers may come in handy as well.

It just dawned on me...I can't make it work because I'm not using the computer.

Comment

Here's a thought, do you think the grain markets care what you paid for the land?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...