• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*****ing Rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*****ing Rain

Raining. 2hrs steady now.

Don't need it, don't want it.... Rain in June yes, but now... no.

Should take care of a lot of snow at least.

Comment

Klause, I'm not dealing with the conditions you are but understand your concern. But look on the bright side, its only mid March and there's lots of time for things to dry up a bit. You are probably feeling a "conditioned response" to the current situation(precip), lol.

We, here, will need rain later to maintain and hope the ****ing hot dry winds later don't take their toll here.

Here's to hoping everyone gets what they're looking for.....

Comment

I think you're right, farma...

Was down visiting with family last summer in Abbey... I knew they were super dry... Darcy, her Grandpa, gradma, and I were sitting on the deck visiting and it started pouring... "F***king rain" came out of my mouth before I could think....had to explain that one and didn't make me very popular...

Agree though, hope everyone gets what they need...!

Comment

Lol. I have people I know who don't get my disdain for rain as well.

Comment

It's amazing, it brings life and good luck. But in over abundance it does the opposite.
            It is early, ok real early but if your already wet it's not what's needed.
            I for one can't believe with so little snow how we could be this wet.
            Fricking rain, still early. One wet snow event away from a muddy spring.
            Hope we miss it.
            Sooner or later it will turn around.

Comment

SF3, it was muddy-ish here when it froze last fall. Thank goodness...we at least stand a chance of getting a crop started. May even get alot of the low spots we reclaimed.

Too early to know anything for sure yet. Like someone else said... 50/50 chance at this point.

I do feel sorry for too wet areas...some said water running last fall and more snow on top.

Diverse...

Comment

DTN Reports 20 inches of rain near Monroe Louisiana last week in the Delta

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?browserPlacement=right403px&embedCode=o3 bXVpOlSxGJShugsVW05o6EV8XtWw4V&height=540&video_pc ode=w4bGI6bd_PWJOcG6qp8u9w-eCIZi&transition=selector&view=channel&deepLinkEmb edCode=o3bXVpOlSxGJShugsVW05o6EV8XtWw4V%2Cs2bXVpOt STYO1aCsP6C9z93edpwKpIZh%2CdibG0wMjE69LWD193s5szuu zOmxC0X_z&width=1004"></script>

Comment

DTN Report:
                  "NO CELEBRATION IN Lower Mississippi River AS FLOODING RETURNS

On March 10, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency for the entire state because "a strong upper-level storm system that has caused thunderstorms across most of the state, is expected to continue through the week and bring heavy rain, flash flooding and damaging winds to areas which are already experienced flooding." The storms dropped up to 20 inches of rain in parts of the state, causing near-record flooding and forcing a call-up of the National Guard to help evacuate thousands of people from their homes.

Remember back to early January when the flooding caused the St. Louis Harbor to close and caused tow and barges to pile up in the Harbor. Then, as St. Louis started to recover, the trickle-down effect caused slowdowns and closures from Vicksburg to New Orleans, which in turn caused tow boats and barges to bunch up in the south.

On March 2, Tom Russell, Russell Marine Group, told me, "Tow companies have been upside-down and out of sync during high water that occurred during January and February. The result was a backlog of barges waiting to be hauled. Tow boats are now returning to normal traffic patterns and ironing out the delays. Most high-water safety restrictions have been lifted in Baton Rouge, but dredges are at work in the southwest pass (SWP) due to the high water causing excessive silting."

Less than two weeks after our conversation, the Mississippi River was on the rise once again. On Sunday, March 14, the river at Vicksburg was at 42.59 feet and was expected to crest at flood stage of 43 feet late evening on March 14. The river at Baton Rouge was at 35.12 feet (flood stage is 35 feet) and is expected to continue rising until cresting at around 36.5 feet by early Wednesday morning, March 16. http://goo.gl/…

Until the river returns to normal, conditions in the lower Mississippi river down to the Gulf will likely cause shipping delays due to high water and restrictions once again. Once the river recedes, dredges will likely head back to work on the areas where more shoaling occurred due to the flooding.

Mary Kennedy can be reached at mary.kennedy@dtn.com

Follow Mary Kennedy on Twitter @MaryCKenn"

Comment

We are full blown winter here again . 8 heavy wet snow and we were still mostly white yesterday yet.

Comment

Look at the radar for Winnipeg right now (7:26 AM). Good grief! and the satellite shows a massive system over Manitoba donated by Eastern US.

Comment

So far so good missed most of the winter moisture but I'm thinking the system at Saskatoon looks like it will drop down far enough to get us. Don't need any more spring moisture as were wet.

Comment

So what is all the bitching going to do? Remember Mother Nature RULES!! Get over it!!

Comment

Who's bitching ??

Comment

Sounds like Hudson Bay received the largest snowfall at 10-12 inches.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...