• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We do not need a foot of snow.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do not need a foot of snow.

So looks like a major snow storm on the way. Hopes of dryer early spring, disappearing like a puff of smoke in the night. grrrr.

What websites do you goto for weather ?

Comment

http://www.discoverhumboldt.com/weather

Not good!

Comment

Mysask.com..

Comment

.Heavy snow possible Tuesday..

After several days of springlike weather, it looks like old man winter is set to return for portions of central Saskatchewan Tuesday. A storm system developing over the Dakotas today will begin to spread an area of rain into east central Saskatchewan this evening. As the night progresses, increasing northeast winds will draw colder air into the system, causing rain to change to snow tonight. The snow is expected to continue much of Tuesday over the Parklands regions, heavy at times. Accumulations of 10 to 20 cm are likely in many areas with local amounts of 30 cm possible by Wednesday morning. This system is still developing and there remains some uncertainty about the strength of the system and projected snowfall amounts. Warnings may be required for some areas once more definite information becomes available. In the meantime, residents of central Saskatchewan should prepare for the return of winter weather Tuesday and monitor forecasts and possible warnings on this developing storm system.

Mostly where already WHITE and WET

Farmzone , Mon to Wed , Kelvington , up to 16".

Comment

Send it south.

Comment

Might be on the edge of it, hope you don t get that free, a foot right now would not be good at all for you guys, considering wet last fall.
              Are those fabas still standing? I was going to try some but leary of the maturity time of course.

Comment

Agreed it's not the best weather but it is very common. I have seen springs where April machines come out for prep then the last 2 weeks it snows a foot and scribbles the plans. At this time the frost is still in the ground and the snow will run off.
                I think 4 inch rains in May/June do more damage than a foot of snow now.

Comment

Yes the rains are killer even just slowing a guy down for days, but there is not a lot of frost which is quite a factor also if that all soaks in.

Comment

The Environment Canada satellite shows the storm coming from Montana and affecting the Southern - most areas in Saskatchewan.

Comment

Originally posted by riders2010 View Post
                      Might be on the edge of it, hope you don t get that free, a foot right now would not be good at all for you guys, considering wet last fall.
                      Are those fabas still standing? I was going to try some but leary of the maturity time of course.
                      Ahh, I'll be ok. You know me! lol Yeah the fabas are still standing. No shelling whatsoever. Seeds look good. They matured in time, but I was fighting with canola, and then it rained and snowed last fall. I am gunna try them again. What I did combine seems like 60 plus.

Once the snow settles more, I am gunna get out there and get 'em. Was fortunate to not have normal snowfall this winter.

Comment

Weather warnings just removed, perhaps dissipating as we type? 2-4 cm, Tues.

Comment

Looks like way less coming. Good last weeks dump and rain was enough and it's just gone.
                          But it's spring moisture is in the air.
                          When you don't want some thing it happens so bring on the storm.

Comment

We just got dumped on , very little precip in the driest areas .
                            We will have water now on top of a full soil

Comment

We got lucky so far. Scarcely a drop and a few flakes. Miracle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...