• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contracting into 2017 new crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting into 2017 new crop

Wheat canola beans... anyone considering it? May have 4 buck wheat who knows..

Or $8, who knows, we all bet and wait, good luck.

Comment

Huge pea acre increase . . . take a look at yellows.

Comment

If you could get good 2017 bids for yellow peas, yellow mustard or red lentils I don't think it would be a terrible idea.

I'm sure there will be crazy seeded acre reports this year that could push those prices down. (Not sure if they can be priced out that far though.)

Comment

Will be interesting to watch pea and lentils prices next winter. Fear of dryness likely still propping prices. 2017 prices will be a function of $CAD. Poloz talking about rate cuts again, and the charts indicating $CAD going lower so that will support nominal prices. If $CAD goes to 0.90 then there will be $4 wheat but I don't think we will see that as the oil price would have to get a lot higher for that. Will have US shale wells on line before oil gets that high.

Comment

I would be interested if I could price some fert at the same time. I would be quite nervous committing to one without the other this far out. Other than maybe peas. I haven't heard of any 2017 pricing for yellow peas though.

Comment

At only 560000 tonnes per week which equates to a 28 mmt rail freight program.

The elevators will be plugged. No good prices by backing the system up.

Comment

I have beans and corn sold through '18 crop. Even if price increases I think there's more downside risk in basis via the dollar

Comment

We are all hoping for more dollars per bushel than the current values...
                  Unless the future holds a big increase..we are not selling..

Comment

Jubilee drought lock the bins not going to contract a lb.

Comment

The odds are in the house's favor when forward contracting pulses. Like 9 to 1. It's a fools game of chance

Ice Out

Comment

wiseguy....define "their".

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          wiseguy....define "their".
                          Do the math son

Ice Out

Comment

I suppose there's a difference between

A fool playing their game

and

A fool playing his game

.....parking it in the hangor for the night. Back to base.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...