• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada have same issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada have same issues

So so many issues coming out nowadays regarding abuse in 1950/60/70s in catholic church or many churches for that matter and private schools and orphanages etc.
    Almost daily new allegations some times proved correct other times in correct must be horrendous for all concerned.

Im neither religious or irreligious attended church till 16 have decent morals presumably but wow have to question the morality of some higher up in the church

Much of the attention here has been on abuse at residential schools for indigenous people.
    Don't know what convinced parents to send children there except tended to have large families and did not have wherewithal to keep up with rest of society.
    Think same thing happened in other places where various religions and do gooders did same thing.

Comment

Hopalong...were the kids sent or taken? Assimilation over Reserves from the beginning would have been by far a better choice. They could have mingled with everyone else in the community and still chose to keep as many traditions and culture as they wanted. That being said... the two different cultures were very different(European and Native North American).

Comment

have same thing here with indigenous stolen generation.

Some of the prestige private boarding schools have had allegations as well.

times have changed I coached the local junior sport team and hoops one had to jump through to get approved and police checks etc wow. Got one blemish only one a bit of a bar room punch up heap of us got taken to local station told to pull our heads in blah blah but was recorded on my record no charges as such and happened 31 years ago but crikeys other slip through the cracks I didn't im a crim lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...