• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian hard red spring wheat prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eatmorewheat;

I just asked what it would cost to get my hard red spring free of the CWB...

I have #1 15.5 CWRS that the CWB wants $7.71/t buyback to free this wheat... in Edmonton AB... so I can sell it to Hayhoe Mills in Ontario.

The CWB will pay me $222/t for this wheat. Now I hear Hayhoe and I will have a negative freight adjustment... whatever this means... because I produced this wheat in Alberta...

Now this just may mean that if I did the buyback in Eastern Manitoba, the CWB will reduce the buyback charge more...

Now I need to get this wheat from Edmonton to Hayhoe by Toronto, somehow by truck... on top of this wheat being worth... about $222/t plus a final payment of approx. $13/t above the initial price.

But since I get the $13/t from the pool accounts... this goes to your credit.

Complicated enough for you yet?

This means that my CWB expected return in Edmonton for this #1 15.5 wheat is about $6.50/bu...

Hayhoe mills would need to pay me about $6.15/bu in Edmonton, to be competitive with the expected CWB return today, with buyback paid to allow me the right to ship into this Ontario Mill.

Clear as mud?

Comment

Eatmorewheat;

I have this CWB feed wheat, that I could sell Hayhoe Mills...it is impossible to fathom this one.

I need about to pay the CWB a $100/t buy-back charge to get this wheat free from the CWB Monopoly...

About $28/t final payment expected on this wheat, this leaves a charge of close to $75/t to do the buy-back.

Now, this wheat is worth about $175/t as milling wheat here in Alberta... add the $75/t CWB price to get this wheat free from the Pooling accounts... and Hayhoe mills cost in Edmonton is about $6.80/bu... then freight to Ontario on top.

The point of all this is... the buy-back has nothing to do with any pecuniary benefit to myself or to Hayhoe Mills... both of us need the CWB's permission to make this sale work...

PURE AND SIMPLE... the Buy-back has nothing to do with the CWB Act Section 46... Reg section 14...

AS Parsley has stated in many other threads the buy-back is not in the CWB Act... Part III is a voluntary part of the CWB Act... as a Producer needs to "offer" "designated area" wheat to the CWB before pooling is nessasary.. .

The CWB is rigging the system... so it is economically impossible to complete this transaction... really all they are doing is refusing to issue an export license.

The pecuniary benefit enuring the Applicant and the difference between the price inside and outside Canada IS ZERO... as proven by pedigreed seed export licenses issued grain grown inside the "designated area"... and ...the Ontario Wheat Board... plus many eastern Canadian Millers who are given export licenses each day at no cost without the buy-back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...