• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Oil Minister

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the pipelines are FREE? No cost to Oil Co's, just to the taxpayer.

Comment

I'm no expert on this but transportation is not the main issue here. When we talk cost of production, getting the oil out of the ground Canada is really expensive compared to many other areas of the world. Tar sands and fracking shales are not cheap processes. Contrast to the middle east where they can pull it out of the ground for $10 a barrel.
      All the focus on pipelines about getting the product to tide water is to introduce an element of competition for our oil by accessing markets other than the US just as we thought we should do to get our beef exported off this continent after BSE. Problem is oil price is low world wide so ours will still have difficulty competing even with free (to the oil companies) pipelines to get it to tide water.

Comment

With a pipeline east Grassfarmer but I Believe imported oil on the east cost trades a fair bit higher than Canadian companies get for their oil here because of lack of pipeline capacity. You are correct, low price is the real issue for oil industry here but more pipeline capacity is required to even have a chance of any long term success. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BFW View Post
          With a pipeline east Grassfarmer but I Believe imported oil on the east cost trades a fair bit higher than Canadian companies get for their oil here because of lack of pipeline capacity. You are correct, low price is the real issue for oil industry here but more pipeline capacity is required to even have a chance of any long term success. Sounds familiar doesn't it?
          Good point.
          Brent Crude pricing is significantly more than land locked oil.

Access to the railways for grain farmers is another benefit to oil pipelines.

Comment

What is the price of imported oil landed at port? There is obviously a freight cost from Saudi Arabia to Canada, any ideas?

Comment

Saw something in the paper saying imported oil cost on average $17/barrel more than what was being produced in western Canada. Assuming same spec.

Comment

CITD lists December crude imports for S Arabia at about $52/bbl

Comment

Ocean freight is Very cheap right now.
                  Wheat from Vancouver into China is about $12/tonne U.S.
                  That's only $ 5 /tonne more than I pay to haul 50 miles !!

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                    Ocean freight is Very cheap right now.
                    Wheat from Vancouver into China is about $12/tonne U.S.
                    That's only $ 5 /tonne more than I pay to haul 50 miles !!
                    Not according to this story on oil tanker shipping.

[URL="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/sliding-oil-prices-send-tanker-demand-and-rates-soaring/article26240438/"]http://http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/sliding-oil-prices-send-tanker-demand-and-rates-soaring/article26240438/[/URL]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...