• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fog means Rain in 3 months

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog means Rain in 3 months

All this fog means a rainy or windy May ever hear that?

It was foggy 3 months ago and it's raining today

Comment

....then it should be raining in my head every day.

Comment

So just after I'm done seeding.
        Chaching.

Comment

Whats causing the brain fog farma. Did you happen to visit Colorado recently?

Comment

It had been foggy for 5 days in a row..Does that mean a 5 day rain?

Comment

I asked Drew Lerner about this "myth". He had a good chuckle and said never heard that one before. But, I believe there is some marit to it. It's like most things there's a 50-50 chance.

Comment

No need to visit Colorado.

On Topic, Lot's of weather related wives' tales.

Its a bit of a skating rink here today, rain in February in Saskatchewan.

Comment

I'll take it, rain in February. Sure beats 35 below, shoveling out 3 feet of snow.

Comment

Read this morning about some guys in Montana that tested it one year. They normally get rain one day in four between April and July on average, so 25% chance any day will be wet. Checked the records on the days 3 months after fog and found 27% were wet. Didn't seem to be any correlation in this case but it seems a widespread belief on the prairies - never heard it anywhere else.

Comment

Generally in my neck of the woods it seems a foggy winter leads to a wetter summer. The winter of 01/02 had no fog and we dried out that year. Fall and winter 03/04 was foggy as hell and it was wet that summer. We get lots of fog here and we're at 2100 feet above sea level. Closest town is 1900 feet and they don't get the fog like us but get more rain as a rule. Although we're not far from a valley and that probably has as much to do with fog as anything. The lay of the land and jet stream sure creates micro climates here. Local farmer and newspaper columnist keeps track of hoar frost and claims it's accurate to a good degree. Old boys also say the crow brings a snow home and it has never failed. The rub though is in the amount. A little skiff or a dump. Someone should write a book about Saskatchewan weather lore.

Comment

Cycles reat every 30 years. In 1986, we built our seed plant in shirt sleeves. Very little winter weather that year.

Comment

Systems are behaving much like last summer, looks like SF3 is going to get all the moisture again... lucky bugger.

Clouds to the left of me
                          Clouds to the right
                          Here I am, stuck in the middle...

Comment

Yea,

And Im Smokin Dope Thinkin We'll Be Rollin Mar.29th/8th ish, Maybe Sooner!!!!!!! Give Me a Week of Plus 10 and I'll Make a Believer Outta Ya's!!!!!!!!!

#RollinCoalWeaselBee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...