• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3 and CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 and CWB

Trying to find answer to mallee questions on another thread.
    No clue what per cent of grain is handled by G3, either through own facilities or other grainco elevators.
    See pooling is still offered and do not know how popular it is.
    G3 website try's to explain $5.00 a tonne equity earned on grain sold to them but gets kind of complicated about getting money out.
    Also would appreciate hearing how handling relationship with Dreyfuss and others is going in terms of farmer experience.

Has anyone used G3 in the past year? I have. Biggest mistake ever. Last year at this time I signed up a couple loads of wheat under their winter pool program. They would blend for me better than anyone else. PRO was at $6.22 at the time for #2. Haul in August 2015 when Colonsay was up and running. As of today I have received $4.05/bu. for #2 and $3.99 for #3. Protein about 13%. Oh, but there should be another $10/tonne coming in a final payment by the end of the month. And don't forget my $5/tonne ownership of the company.

Comment

Sounds like open market would have worked better for you .

Comment

The fate of the Canadian Wheat Board was up for federal debate during Question Period in Ottawa on Tuesday.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair challenged the Liberal government on whether they would help save it — a position the Liberals have long supported.

"Before the election the Liberals talked a good game on this issue but now in government are they actually going to help farmers and restore the Canadian wheat board? Yes or no?" Mulcair said.

The topic came up after a group of farmers in Saskatchewan and Manitoba recently voted unanimously to call for the re-establishment of the board.

The farmers, known as the Canadian Wheat Board Alliance, said the loss of the wheat board has cost them $6.5 billion in income over the last two years.

Minister of Agriculture Lawrence MacAulay responded to Mulcair, making note that his government didn't sell the wheat board.

"I think we are all aware who ended the Canadian Wheat Board," MacAulay said. The fate of the Canadian Wheat Board was up for federal debate during Question Period in Ottawa on Tuesday.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair challenged the Liberal government on whether they would help save it — a position the Liberals have long supported.

"Before the election the Liberals talked a good game on this issue but now in government are they actually going to help farmers and restore the Canadian wheat board? Yes or no?" Mulcair said.

The topic came up after a group of farmers in Saskatchewan and Manitoba recently voted unanimously to call for the re-establishment of the board.

The farmers, known as the Canadian Wheat Board Alliance, said the loss of the wheat board has cost them $6.5 billion in income over the last two years.

Minister of Agriculture Lawrence MacAulay responded to Mulcair, making note that his government didn't sell the wheat board.

"I think we are all aware who ended the Canadian Wheat Board," MacAulay said. CBC

God Bless exPM Harper. He and his crew did what needed to be done... with great pain and excruciating political cost...[some would say pushing through the dismantling of the CWB helped the Liberals to a majority].

I truly hope we will not be forced back into the dark ages... if the 'single desk' descended back on western Canada... I think a violent result would be a likely result. There is absolutely no need to prove again the stupidity of 'single desk' hypocrisy and the insane idea that this institution [CWB] can save anything... let alone my family farm.

Comment

A non-compulsory CWB could easily be formed and SHOULD be formed. We need a farmer controlled MARKETING AGENCY. Farmers have been thrown to the "wolves" in the new scheme of things.

Is it any wonder that the farmers in the '20s and '30s asked the Federal government to SAVE them from the rogues who prayed upon them when it came time for harvest. Not much different from today's control of marketing by a select few grain companies and transportation of grain controlled by mainly two railway companies.

Tom, you conveniently forget or distort the history of grain marketing in western Canada, for what reason, I'll never know. Perhaps its just early onset of Alzheimer's disease or perhaps just sheer ignorance mixed with a bit of malice.

Comment

Wilagro. You have very right and the freedom to start up a non-compulsory farmer-controlled grain marketing company. Under its charter, it can do whatever it wants within the laws of the country. Pool. Direct its transportation. Include or exclude whoever it wants. Whatever. You are free to use what ever corporate structure you want for this entity.
            That's the wonderful thing about marketing freedom!

Comment

We just had a non-compulsory wheat board. It doesn't work.

It has to be the single-desk.

Comment

Has anyone read Canadas great grain robbery?

Comment

blackpowder: Perhaps a read of this pdf file of Re-Purposing the Great Train Robbery might do YOU some good.

http://ecommons.usask.ca/bitstream/handle/10388/ETD-2012-08-629/LARSEN-THESIS.pdf?sequence=3

The truth of what really happened instead of the original flawed book relating the Soviet Russian grain purchase of 1972.

Of course if your closed mind is already made up you won't read it anyway.

Comment

The book in question is a history of the mindset of the grain industry in Western Canada. Be careful with assumptions Will.
                    Further to that. Had a truck in yard today. Brought soymeal from Manitoba to Camrose AB. Then peas from here to Wilkie. Imagining how that would work under the control of the old board is another exercise in fantasy.
                    Anyone who wants pre 1970 back (not you of course) is pathetic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...