• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tempting...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempting...

Heard of 75 buck an acre rent in our area. Rent it out and chill a bit?

You are crazy not to.

Comment

Yep,

Rent er' Out, da Hell With It!!!!!! This Farmin Thing Just aint Wort It Anymore!!!!!!!! Oh and Thought of a New Name fer Yous While You Were Away!!!!!!!!!

#WadenaHillsOrganics

Whatch Yous Thank?????

Comment

I was taken aback by this revelation today. I am struggling finding a reason not to?

Comment

Please Pray 4 Free,

#AgScrewedNowMoreThanEver

Comment

Make sure you get it up front.

Comment

Got enough to make a living with, without getting a job?

Unless you've absolutely had enough, it might drive you nuts seeing someone else farming it.

With some crop still in the field, getting that rent might be challenging the first year. Have you been approached?

Better choose a tenant who pays his bills....beware of fly-by-nighters! Sometimes receiving 90% of the area high rent is better than not getting 100% or only 50% if split payment is negotiated.

Quiters never win and Winners never quit.... but sometimes sitting on the bench gives you a chance to rest and catch your breath. There will be base hits and home runs again, hopefully a grand slam as well.... good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BTO_farmalll View Post

#AgScrewedNowMoreThanEver
                Lol

This will get fun the next few years. Separate the men from the boys with toys
                Cash will rule again

Ice OUT

Comment

Careful freewheat I found out today that we apparently pay 87 an acre rent... coffee shop rumors and real life are two very different realities

Comment

Then there is the coffee row pot stirrer who always tells it like it isn't, just to start rumors and rile people. Or the guy who one-ups; more yeild, sold for more, paid less, got more money....you know the type. At a local row....there is a guy they call the Minister of Knowledge, he's actually my neighbor. They are taking applications for a Deputy Minister.....

Comment

LOL......that's funny farmaholic.

That guy might need a deputy to get new "scoops" on rent being paid and yields.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Then there is the coffee row pot stirrer who always tells it like it isn't, just to start rumors and rile people. Or the guy who one-ups; more yeild, sold for more, paid less, got more money....you know the type. At a local row....there is a guy they call the Minister of Knowledge, he's actually my neighbor. They are taking applications for a Deputy Minister.....

LOL

I need to do more digging on this, but the source was reputable. If I got 75 bucks, it would cover my payments, give us a reasonable living, and still leave us three quarters of land suitable for sheep pasture and hay still. So I would become a full time shepherd. Sell the tractor, drill, combine, and have a real nice bunch of haying and livestock machinery.

My question is, what drives people? To pay 75 bucks? To grab up all they can? What am I missing here? I use a dull pencil maybe? I get my seed grower neighbor. He is in a different boat altogether. But the general farming community, in this area whacked by weather for ten or eleven years? I dunno. A lot of old money kicking around, but to pee it away on rent?

lol

Comment

I am always surprised at how some farmers know about everything going on with other farms. Who has heated canola, who blew out a differential on the semi, who was driving the semi. Whos wife got a job, who is renting out, who bought 6 combines at Ritchie Auction. Who is planting, who is spraying, which tire fell off the water wagon and the fact that it took 3 -20 ton jacks to get everything back together. Its like a full time job just keeping up with every detail of everyone else's operation plus doing their own work.

If $75.00/acre is the real price , half up front and a contract with a notary public witness should be good with a reputable renter. I am just adding to your internal struggle, but I run this math once a year as well. $10.00 /acre land taxes , leaves you with $65.00/acre. After taxes probably $45.00/acre. 1000 acres = $45,000. Thats $3750.00 per month to take the time to sort things out. You may be able to use that time and search out marketing opportunities with your other ventures.
                          I have seen so many other ventures (eventually) make more $/acre than grain farming but we are strangely addicted to it.
                          You could also transition to organic farming, but that does not always fit a farmers values.

Comment

Be careful, know who you're dealing with. One guy I know went for the Broadacre deal because they were paying more than his existing renter. Didn't end well. Lots of stories about guys receiving the spring half of the rent, fall half never materialized.

Comment

Why is it that these guys that break rental contracts by not paying the tenant not sued in court. In any other business they would be forced to pay, along with legal fees if having to litigate for owed rent. Or am I missing something?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...