• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adventures of Malleefarmer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventures of Malleefarmer

Didn't do farm exchange wanted to but wasn't allowed time of by my dear old dad.
    My dad was a POW in Germany and had many Canadian contacts that visited us in Australia from time to time.
    So at the ripe old age of 21 after some time in the states hired a car in seattle had it for 7 weeks hit the highway before returning the car to seattle.
    Farms and ranches visted 100 mile house llydminister cochin Strasbourg regina a hutt colony cant rember were that was,plus many others by going into local bar having a chat ending up on a farm overnight etc then into the wilds of Montana plevna and terry.

If I saw a farmer working his field id jump the fence say gday guess I was a freeloader.

Repeated the process in 10 years later.

And left a trail of half-Aussie bastards everywhere you went no doubt 😉 some could be reading this today

Comment

Awesome. I did the exchange in 1977 to a farm in WA near darkin. 3 of use drove from Perth to Melbourne then we were on a bus trip to Ayers Rock, Alice springs, mt Issa then to the Gold Coast and down to Sydney.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...