• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxforce 15 engines?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxforce 15 engines?

Lots of used trucks with Maxforce 13 and 15 engines for sale with very low km for 1/2 the price of other trucks.

I know some people who are running trucks with Maxforce 13 and really like them.
    I know they have trouble with the EGR valve but they have a update for that now from what I know.
    Does anyone have any experience with the Maxforce 15?
    I think they are a CAT block

google maxforce 15 class action lawsuits and lots of problems with that engine.m Saw one the other day that I thought might need further study until I did a little research.

Comment

Not that I have alot to offer here but I tried to stay with the more popular North American made engines. Not saying there's anything wrong with the others but parts and overhauls may be cheaper than the offshore products. It's bad enough the farm equipment is coming with power from offshore sources. Its all good when it works....

I think there is going to be some bargains in low mile highway tractors at some auctions this spring and until the economy strenghtens. Ritchies Edmonton sale is loaded with equipment....3 day sale....is there enough money and available credit in Western Canada to buy all that stuff

Comment

Watching ch thr sale very little has been staying anywhere near western canada.

Comment

You couldn't GIVE me a maxxforce. The idea of "EXTREME EGR" just never did sit right with me. The idea that you were going to solve your NOx issues "in cylinder" by choking and starving your engine for oxygen even harder than had been done on other models is just wrong. The 13 and 15 liter Maxxforce gamble by Navistar has nearly buried International. Rather than try to re-engineer a dud, they have simply abandoned it, and are going with Cummins ISX's instead. That said, I wouldn't touch most anything made with a post '07 Engine until the very last round of Tier 4 Engines that came out late '14, '15 and beyond. Even if you planned on deleting them, you might as well pencil in a 25K rebuild. Then tell Cat/Cummins you're going to reflash their ecm, gut the DPF, remove the EGR and associated components, and see how far they'll go for you on warranty...

Comment

I guess I will find out. I purchased a 2012 Prostar from a dealership with a Maxforce 15 and 190,000km this morning. Warranty for another 16 months. We would only put on 20,000 km or less per year.
            Hopefully it works ok for us.

Comment

Who would be doing warranty work? International dealers?

Comment

Just make sure you work it. They don't like doing short hauls and idling. I think they will pencil out just as good as other motors.

Comment

I got it from Southland International in Lethbridge so international will be doing the warranty work

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...