• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of canadian Wheat Board

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you were on the exchange program, Mallee, who,s farm did you work at?

Comment

You definitely got the view of the rougher side of Canada in Cochin and loon lake. Lol

Comment

Back to topic. To you anti wheat boarders. Do you support your local independent grain terminals, local coops, local credit unions or are u anti cooperative in all aspects?

Comment

Nobody can say with a straight face we weren't and aren't currently getting screwed over.

The u of s apparently calculated the difference in port price to inland terminal price post cwb compared to cwb times has cost Illinois loss to farmers. Is this true?

Comment

Dang spellcheck. Cost billions according to u of s? Who took all that money. Or need I ask?

Comment

It's another study done by Richard Grey. Not worth the paper it is printed on.
              When did we, as farmers, ever get close to the port asking price from the Board.

Comment

Billions lost was only theory.
                Got a lot of mileage from leftists and board supporters, though.

Comment

"When did we, as farmers, ever get close to the port asking price from the Board."

Really? We just snap our fingers and it magically appears in a Port shipping terminal? Elevation/handling/shipping/margin need to be paid, anything above those costs is the only thing we have to complain about.
                  I would say year one and two after the open market on old CWB grains was a feeding frenzy but this year I believe we are being treated quite fair.

Comment

Anyone growing durum cannot say without lying that we have achieved far higher returns under an open market than anytime under CWB oppression.

I guarantee that I would still have a complete years worth of grain in the bin and would still be waiting for three quarters of a year's revenue under CWB oppression.

I never want to go back.

Comment

Should read can't say without lying that we have "not" received higher returns than now than under CWB oppression.

Comment

Not saying want to go back to that type of cwb. But I do remember many on here posting the difference in port price to what we hit in our hands. And then no one seems to know what price the people actually writing the cheques at destination actually paid or is paying right now.

Crops like canary seed prime example of middleman writing their own cheques what ever they want to pay.

Also it is obviously correct all the companies have done away with competition totally they relocated and bought and sold terminals as to get rid of competition. Cwb days every elevator took wheat now only certain designated ones do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...