• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becel margarine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becel margarine

See Becel in our own refrigerator, think it is an example of smart marketing by Unilever, the brand owner.
    Looking at ingredients, they are much the same as lower priced products without the reputation or claims for being a healthy choice.
    Find it easier and less stressful not to argue with those in our household who make food buying decisions based, at least in part, on media attention and advertising.

Why doesn't margarine spoil or get moldy?

Is the fact you can leave store bought bread on the counter a long time with out it spoiling better than your grandmother's home made going moldy quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Why doesn't margarine spoil or get moldy?

Is the fact you can leave store bought bread on the counter a long time with out it spoiling better than your grandmother's home made going moldy quicker?
      Don't ask no questions. Just eat it!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYqRv9CC--Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYqRv9CC--Q[/URL]

Comment

Which diet then leads to this -

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE[/URL]

just trollin folks...

Comment

It's poison eat real butterp

Comment

Go with butter cant be any simpler and better for u

Comment

Marg is only a molecule away from plastic. Lol.

Comment

Butter is good!

Comment

I wonder how many tonnes of canola oil get consumed as margarine.

Comment

Ever tried spreading butter on a piece of toast?? No thanks.

Comment

Yep not so good. What about whipped butter?

Comment

you won't find any margarine in this house. Possibly one of the most dangerous things you can put in your body.

Butter is really nice and soft on our counter or cupboard for bread or toast. Salted butter doesn't spoil...not easily anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                          Possibly one of the most dangerous things you can put in your body.
                          So is wheat gluten, dairy, pre packaged veggies... man I hate growing /selling POISON sh*t to the world!

Comment

****ing idiots!!

Comment

The BigBox store I shop at has mostly margarine on the shelf, in that space I would doubt butter has a tenth of the shelf space. On top of that, if the two were priced equally the three pound container in my fridge would cost a bit over $10 of which I probably paid a little over half of that.
                              For price conscience shoppers margarine will always win. It would be interesting to see what the cost of butter would be if it wasn't supply managed.

We use both, some things are just better with butter though. In fact not a lot of bread gets eaten here. Sandwiches are often made with Miracle Whip of Mayonaise in place of margarine or butter.
                              Popcorn requires real butter. Bake with butter. Rosemary bread with butter.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...