• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can pull more... Winner takes all!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can pull more... Winner takes all!

Quads vs Tires... what can pull more?

Not surprising to me...

Red vs Green

450 quad held its own against 600 Deere. Lol

Comment

I think both tractors should have weights and diff lock.

Comment

Obviously this was NOT about HP. The idea that Quadtracs always have more traction... is highly over rated! IF Radial 800 duals... on a 4wd articulated.... with proper air pressure... and Ballast... pull unbelievably well.

Comment

Tom the issue has never been about which system, wheel or tracks, pulls a sled or implement further down the field. We own articulated 4wd tractors equipped with tracks, metric Michelin radials and trellborg bias tires and have found when it comes to getting the most power to the ground in average field conditions with the least amount of slippage which preserves the seed bed in front of our seeding tool, tracks win hands down every time. However if conditions get a little greasy, radial tires will out perform tracks with trellborgs somewhere in between

Comment

Tom Jd has a quadtrac now... I mean a four track... try one on the field and report back

Comment

bgmb

For TWICE the cost of a good used Michelin Radial 800's 8WD

a 4 or 2 Track Drive can do the same job!

GoodTracs are Expensive... to buy... and to maintain.

Comment

Did the Build check on Configurator:

8 wheel 4WD Base[800IF Michelin];

2 -36" Track with poly rollers... $84,000 extra

4 Trac with 36" and Poly Rollers... $200,000 extra.

Then M/R... on top on tracs

I had my Deere... with 2000hrs... and the 710 Michelin Radials... were 90 percent remaining... with no cracks after 10 years. Pulling 56' CP 430buAir seeder c/w 5000g nh3 tnk.

Comment

Tom are you saying that tracks are $200k more then wheels. The biggest component of that comparison is the weight of each tracker. How much heavier was the John Deere is the question.

Comment

vvalk,

I went to the JD configurator site and priced the 4wheel with IF800 duals; and then the JD Quad with 36/poly rollers... $200K CDN difference[at 1.4exchange] new machine to new machine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...