• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ag More Than Ever Video - Food Conversations Are Important.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ag More Than Ever Video - Food Conversations Are Important.

Don't pretend
    No need to defend
    Bend to the trend
    and make a friend.

I surrender
    No longer a contender
    To the splendor gender
    Now I'm an organic vender.

Without invitation
    Constant conviction and provication
    Traditional Ag, with once distinction
    Now hurtles quickly towards extinction.

Dedicated to hobbyfrmr and Parsley.....

Comment

That poem is well done.
      Conventional Ag is not going exctinct, there is more grain produced per acre than ever before. An abundance of grains. That is worth describing to your consumers for sure.
      I suggest that you are out of earshot when you start calling them stupid, and saying they dont know whats good for them.

Comment

It was just a slight against the traditional "Ag More Now Than Ever" message they try to get across.

I know traditional Ag isn't going extinct but there is a growing trend towards "healthier" foods.

Poetry and music lyrics, which is poetry set to music, can be have different meanings to each person. There should be a general message but the interpretation can vary from person to person.

Calling your customers stupid, is stupid!!! It's their money and they should choose to spend it where they want. I hope there is nothing in my post that insinuates or can be interpreted as insulting consumer's choices.

Comment

I like the idea that farmers should relay the message about what it takes and costs to make a living. organic wise, some industry people I work with think I am a "big" farmer with "big" production and piles of money to allocate wherever I feel like. Half the battle is describing the opposite situation to them . The processing/distribution side can see that the organic sky is the limit and they want to run big ..BUT..... What about half a crop? What about no crop? Sometimes they have to see the supply shortfalls.

Comment

The supply shortfalls will help ensure profitable prices.

But I have a saying:

"You can feed a market and grow it, or starve it and kill it."

How far is your market from saturation? I'd say a long way away. Lot's of potential converts.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 11, 2016, 15:09.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              ...But I have a saying:

"You can feed a market and grow it, or starve it and kill it."...
              Good point. The customer and the supply chain is always looking for a way to bypass any premium the market establishes.

Comment

Fed money for MORE supply for LOWER prices, only LESS supply will help farm gate prices!

The Government of Canada is investing more than $980,000 in research to help drive innovation and profitability in the canola industry. The investment, through the Winnipeg-based Canola Council of Canada (CCC), aims to support the canola industry’s new strategic plan entitled “Keep it coming: 52 by 2025.” According to a government press release, this plan is designed to help improve canola yields to meet 26 million metric tonnes of global demand and increase yield to 52 bushels per acre by 2025. “Canada’s canola sector contributes significantly to the country’s economy. Investments in research will help boost canola yields and position the sector for future growth and sustain-ability,” says Lawrence MacAulay, Canada’s Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food. (FOOD IN CANADA)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...