• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GARS premiums ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a insurance. If you have never had a car accident they give you a deduction. Get one and your back paying again. Same with this.
    But I also want to hear from some one that actually got paid in a bad year.

Comment

We went from a $120 in '13 to -$85 in '14
      zero payout . S/F you are right but in that case money would have been paid out in the claim .
      Again zero payment and increased premiums.
      Wait and see if there was an error or something before we procede .

Comment

Furrow, is there a deadline you need to commit by?

Comment

Yup, we can walk away tomorrow, but in this case we need some clarification first .
          Just been reviewing their website info, advertising and policy . Need to collect and review all info to possibly pass it on to someone much smarter than me.
          We have learned the hard way something that should be straight foreward can be bent like a boomerang awful fast.

Comment

Farma , yes there is a deadline to commit.

Comment

Guys, guys, guys

Like S3 says its insurance. For those that have not caught on to the premium increase, most likely you have been talked into the higher coverage level...or so they say

Remember, they beat up on existing programs so bad, especially crop insurance and that "you don't have guaranteed $350 per acre when you grow your yield coverage and the price of grain drops"

What they don't tell you is guaranteed gross margin insurance of $100-250 per acre is only valid if you actuall incur the costs on the crop the formula is based on.

In other words, if you are budgetting for 175 in fert chem seed and insurance $250 over that but don't spend the $175 on the crop, you don't have $425 gross margin coverage.

It is very strange that sellers of this insurance are pushing so hard to get you involved with this.

Every other insurance I take is a very "gentle" conversation leaving it up to me.

Like others say, find me someone who have actually received funds from this. I think it is very few.

I will stick with crop insurance and AgriStability - They will always pay first, everytime!

Comment

One thing that was b/s from 2014 as well was the coverage price on peas in crap insurance . It was at $6 /bus when greens never dropped below $10 that year. But all peas are covered as feed price .

Comment

THat is a sore point with crap insurance. Peas are based on Feed Bull shit.
                  I grow edible peas always have always will.
                  But were price covered for feed.
                  Sucks.
                  But again any one out their who ever got paid a red cent please share as some have questions.

Thanks

Comment

#InsuranceIs4Lames

Comment

So furrow I assume you were not paid for your pea losses due to other crops having respectable yields?

I think I read this GARS option is a replacement for AgriStability for a farmer that likes to put all the "groceries" on his crop but not a good comparison to SCIC as you are a lot less likely to trigger a payment due to it not being crop specific rather it calculates ALL crops on a single claim.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...