• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDN$ was over .73 this morning... Crude over $35

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDN$ was over .73 this morning... Crude over $35

"The oil price rose on Wednesday and is now back above $35 a barrel, even despite another huge build in US crude stockpiles last week that suggests the global supply glut is only getting worse.

Latest data from the US Energy Information Administration revealed another 7.8 million barrels had been added to domestic reserves last week, said the Wall Street Journal. This was a far bigger gain than had been expected by analysts and boosted US stockpiles to 503 million barrels.

This is the biggest total recorded in the weekly data since records began in 1982, while in monthly data, which "don't line up exactly" with the weekly numbers, the 500 million barrel barrier has not been breached since 1930. The US – and the world – is still swimming in oil and production remains at least one million barrels a day above demand.

So why did the price of international benchmark Brent crude jump more than seven per cent and end two days of decline?

In relation to the data, it is refinery maintenance season in the US and so growth in reserves was expected, even if the actual number was on the high side. "Even though [the crude inventory build] was a shocking number, I think a lot of people… knew a big build was coming," said Phil Flynn, an analyst at Price Futures Group."
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/oil-price/60838/oil-price-supply-deal-in-doubt-until-prices-are-much-lower

Looks like the Rack price on fuel is still rising in Canada... Who would have thunk...

Comment

A higher cdn dollar should mean lower fuel prices.

Just a few weeks ago the prices wasn't dropping because of a lower cdn dollar.

I guess the excuses are acceptable.

Comment

Canola,

Mar-16 $467.6/t
        down -$4.3

Bucket, When many oil producers have a cost of $50/B... and were being paid under $20... When oil pipelines do not get built that should have been built... the list goes on and on... I was sure glad I had the opportunity to have filled our fuel tanks at a decent price...

Comment

"USDCAD– A remarkable shift in retail forex trader positions warns that the US Dollar may continue lower versus the resurgent Canadian Dollar. Our data shows there are currently 1.3 open USD/CAD long positions for every 1 short, and a contrarian view of crowd sentiment leaves us in favor of selling into USD/CAD declines.

Indeed, last week we noted the likelihood that the US Dollar set a top versus its Canadian counterpart; the further flip in retail FX sentiment acts as further confirmation. We will maintain our bearish trading bias until further notice."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/canadian-dollar-rally-set-last-170000609.html

Comment

CIBC is advising money traders to wait because Cdn $ is headed lower. I kinda think it will move to the 86 cent area.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...