• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Dollar Breaking . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Dollar Breaking . . . .

The U.S. economy now appears quickly slowing. Service sector data (which is holding up the U.S. economy) released today was not good. This suggests the Fed is hooped on further rate hikes. In fact, the Fed may be forced to cut rates before this year is out (IMO).

This is significant as commodities are priced in U.S. dollars. Crude oil may rebound, the Cdn dollar, wheat etc may be supported. Loonie also gaining strength on talk of Lowes taking over Rona. Cdn dollars will be needed to be bought if this transaction occurs.

That's a hell of a move. Yuan may have a lot to do with it sounds like the short trade on that is crowed but I agree fed is trapped. Zirp,Nirp,qe,stimulas and deficit spending and the economies of the world got rained out on their trip to Disney land

Comment

Nice knowin ya USSA!

Comment

I hope it hangs in there for another 2 weeks so I can deposit and exchange my $US grain cheques.
        Apologies for the selfishness.

Comment

Is this a good opportunity for a basis contract?

Comment

agree basis contract. should wheat recover due to fallout in the u.s. dollar, it may be led by the futures, not the cash.

Comment

With the American service sector (restaurants/hotel trade) now contracting, investor money now appears quickly exiting U.S. markets . . .

How quickly economic times can change.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...