• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada is an 'embarrassing failure' on the world stage due to environmental oversight of oil industry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wmoebis

The problem is refineries, pasta plants,auto plants? etc ... or any end use value added need population to make sense.

Canada and especially saskatchewan lack population to make finished products.

The transportation system here wouldn't allow it.

Or so we have been told.

Now quit questioning their logic before someone slaps you back into the sheep line.

Comment

From what I read for Keystone XL to be approved, it requires a Republican to be president of USA.

For Energy East it will require the National Energy Board to complete its regular approval process plus the extra couple of years of new GREEN HOUSE GAS approval process that the Liberals added last week.

Northern Gateway will never happen with a federal Liberal government since they put a moratorium on oil tanker traffic to Northern B.C.

One of the main reasons (besides helping our economy) that I want pipelines approved is that with less oil on the railway our grain has a better chance to move.

Comment

Oliver88

Plenty of grain to move this year but cp laid off 1000 workers.

I admire your idea about better grain movement but it can't get better. CN and CP won't allow it until they get rid of the MRE.

No one is building railcars for grain movement is another clue it won't get better.

And if it's not oil in saskatchewan it will be potash. New mines and higher production every year. Wall just got potash corp to move 750000 tonnes to saskatchewan. Then add in ks production of 2.5 mmt.

Maybe BHP comes on stream then yancoal and gensource. It's not going by truck.
        Last edited by bucket; Feb 3, 2016, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Oliver88

Plenty of grain to move this year but cp laid off 1000 workers.

I admire your idea about better grain movement but it can't get better. CN and CP won't allow it until they get rid of the MRE.

No one is building railcars for grain movement is another clue it won't get better.

And if it's not oil in saskatchewan it will be potash. New mines and higher production every year. Wall just got potash corp to move 750000 tonnes to saskatchewan. Then add in ks production of 2.5 mmt.

Maybe BHP comes on stream then yancoal and gensource. It's not going by truck.
          Good point on PCS shifting production, it is good for jobs in Saskatchewan though.....especially if you work for them.
          From what I understand Agrium, Mosaic and PCS basically have a quota system under Canpotex so yes, production is being shifted from NB to Sask.
          K+S and BHP are low cost producers and trying to beat Canpotex with a lower cost of production.

When CN and CP have a constant backlog of oil to move they will not be too worried about paying a few fines for not moving enough grain.
          They sure do have us farmers held hostage but having an extra million barrels per day of oil requiring pulling power won't decrease the amount of excuses we heard a few years back for being "behind schedule".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...