• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsanto and Bayer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsanto and Bayer

Memory says Bayer had Liberty resistant canola and soybeans before Monsanto brought out RoundupReady, both GMO.
    Also remember Sask Pool customer relations man running down Monsanto about same time, surprised at his hatred for Monsanto.
    Even today, Monsanto comes in for more criticism than Bayer.
    Wonder why.
    About the same time we had a Pool field man who was Marxist-Leninist not the same person and fortunately farmers only put up with him for a month or so.

When you are the biggest and the best at what you do, you will be most criticized and scrutinized.

Comment

Hobby, Your tongue is planted so firmly that you better be careful not to bite it.

Comment

This time I am serious. I am a fan of marketing. They are the "other" big bad M, first one is McDonalds. The general public targets the biggest and best with scrutiny and criticism, usually because they are trying to figure them out so they can understand/ imitate/compete.
        I will say I dont like the seed and chem companies for what they are doing to the farmers.
        I am sure there is the opposite opinion from farmers who are willing to embrace new technology to be more efficient and productive. Thats the way the world goes around.

Comment

nothing inherently bad about either.

there just business's looking after their own interests.

the thing is , they are larger and more powerful than a lot of nations.

because of that , they have the ability , and the political lobby to promote their own interests , in the nations in which they operate.

interests which may be at odds with consumers and farmers .

Comment

Hobby, Your tongue is planted so firmly that you better be careful not to bite it.

Comment

I dont think Bayer actually owned the first invigor canola to come out. Did they?

Comment

PGS - Plant Genetic Systems acquired by Agrevo

Comment

Yup thats what I grew. Yielded like a bastard hard to cut back then.

Comment

Whole foods is bigger then Monsanto!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...