• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidents do happen...in a guarded PTO shaft

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidents do happen...in a guarded PTO shaft

RRFN
    Take Time to be Safe — For one of the speakers at the U.S. Custom Harvesters convention, his life changed on December 7, 2013. Tim Vander Zwaag, who farms in Michigan, slipped and was caught up in a guarded PTO shaft. "After about three-to-five revolutions, I was thrown off into the snow, literally stripped naked from head-to-toe," said Vander Zwaag. "I had a scalped head, concussion, four fractured ribs, four fractured vertebrae, a split spleen, a displaced hip, a broken femur and my ankle was crushed." After numerous surgeries and rehab, Vander Zwaag returned to the farm 58 days later. During his USCHI presentation, Vander Zwaag praised God and offered a safety reminder. "There's no reason to be in a rush. We can take time to be safe, but that day was an accident and that's hard for me sometimes to understand, but accidents do happen. Safety is something we have to live everyday on the farm."
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...