• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wise sayings?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise sayings?

“We are taxed twice as much by our Idleness, three times as much by our Pride, and four times as much by our Folly, and from these Taxes the Commissioners cannot ease or deliver us by allowing an Abatement. However let us hearken to good Advice, and something may be done for us; God helps them that help themselves, as Poor Richard says, in his Almanack of 1733.” - Benjamin Franklin

"Icing 'appen when dee puck come down... Bang!!!! You know... Before dee udder guy.. Nobody dere... My arm go comes up like dis... Den dee game stop den start hup"

The original BTO

Denis Lemieux
    Slap Shoot Movie

Comment

Lmao - love ole slap shot !!!!

Comment

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

George W. Bush

And this guy was the "leader" of the worlds most powerful nation? No wonder.... The puppet put on the show...not the puppeteers in this performance.

Wise saying turned blooper.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 22, 2016, 22:27.

Comment

You can tell a guy is from Texas....because he will tell you.

Comment

There is no free ride.

If it seems too good to be true;... it is.

Prosperity is the result of planning and work... leading to conservation of real property/environment and productivity that increases quality of life for our society.

Comment

Oneoff

Same thing about an albertan .... well until they elected an ndp government.

Now they want to be from their original province..... saskatchewan.

Comment

"Entitlement" sure hits a lot of nerves
                Quebec thinks they are economic drivers in Canada, when they receive 74 Billion in equalization payments, holly ...........

" penny wise pound foolish"

Comment

"Wealth is created when you produce more than you consume and save the difference" I think Doug Casey said this but not 100% sure. Stuck with me though.

My favourite humorous quote from Jonathan Goldstein

"There are goldships and there are silverships but there's no ship like a friendship."
                  Don't ask me why this strikes me so funny but it makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Comment

You follow Doug?Sounds like something he would say.

"i spent all my money on whiskey and women,the rest i just wasted"-cant remember the guy

Comment

Used to follow Doug, liked his shtick but found him a bit more of a marketer than someone whose ideas I would invest in.

Met Paul Van Eeden through Doug and did unbelievably well with his advice/stock picks and found him more believable I guess. Unfortunately Paul quit writing several years ago and I miss what he had to say.

Traded stocks for a living for a few years with Bright Trading in Vancouver but ultimately ended farming.

Comment

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "m" is silent... unknown.

Comment

'Our Father in heaven, give us the long view of our work and our world. Help us to see that it is better to fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than to succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail.' (U.S. Senate Chaplain Peter Marshall)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...