• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SaskCanola Introduces \"License To Farm\" Video Documentary.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SaskCanola Introduces \"License To Farm\" Video Documentary.

Great video

In my opinion:

This video will be challenged by the activists that its sponsored by companies like Monsanto, Pharmasuticles and any company with significant stake in food and alternative production

Second, we are seeing more and more strange things in our kids and in regular human health that many are looking for something to blame. Cancer seems to becoming more and more common and again, many are blaming the foods we eat. No doubt it is partially the foods we eat but I believe it is way more than that.

Third, many people believe what the read and hear. Because you can watch all kinds of videos and read articles online, there is certain % of the population that abosorb this information as fact which ends up controling their lives.

Many people need to make changes in their lives for a number of reasons. From simple things like growing a small amount of food in a back yard garden or possibly utilizing market gardens, maybe packing a healthly lunch when on the road verses stopping at a drive through of their favorite fast food restaurant. I think many struggle with different forms of depression and therefore gain weight because of poor food choices and limited exercise.

I'm not sure how you change this is my only problem. Not sure if you will ever be able to change everyone

Comment

Good video. Well done.
      It is a scientifically proven fact that organic grain is of no better quality and no higher nutritional value than conventionally grown grain.
      There is the growing concern for feeding the hungry world, low prices are a necessity for those who cannot afford it.
      I do predict a substantial slow down of organic product sales due to the horrific economy. I saw this after the 2008 US housing bubble burst. There was no bid for organic feed barley for 12 months. That really hurt financially, and made a cull of organic farmers in Saskatchewan.
      The best plan here is to stay the course, keep fertilizing and spraying, the dollar exchange is in our favour. I just made $5.00/bushel extra by selling faba beans into the USA. good thing because it was a damn poor crop, this will take me to just over break even instead of red ink. Good enough, lowered expectations and an education.

Comment

After some more thought about that documentary I would say it is fairly accurate. My neighbors are not applying anymore crop protection products than necessary, due to the cost and necessity. There is no more recreational tillage or recreational spraying for that matter. It is also very difficult to dispute the productivity of 60-80 bushel/ acre canola, 180 bu/acre oats etc. I also agree that there should be farmer advocacy in order to minimize crazy law and conditions imposed by non farming people of technical savy or influencial means.
        Dont get me wrong, im still going to kidney punch AV conventional farmers as much as possible.

Comment

Great video, well done.

Comment

Spending time in Toronto area, wandered around St Lawrence market.
            The whole setup reinforces view that conventional agriculture is bad. Words organic, natural, humane and traditional all over the place.
            Trendy customers from entertainment, information technology and other non farm business.
            Hard to figure out where it is all headed but think it spills over into supermarkets and mainstream food business.
            Smart marketing for those in a position to benefit but a detriment in the long term to the rest f us.

Comment

Spending time in Toronto area, wandered around St Lawrence market.
              The whole setup reinforces view that conventional agriculture is bad. Words organic, natural, humane and traditional all over the place.
              Trendy customers from entertainment, information technology and other non farm business.
              Hard to figure out where it is all headed but think it spills over into supermarkets and mainstream food business.
              Smart marketing for those in a position to benefit but a detriment in the long term to the rest f us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...