• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A solution........

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A solution........

After reading this.....

"It's not the jobs report or the latest housing data but railway cargo that has analysts at Bank of America concerned.

Railroad cargo in the U.S. dropped the most in six years in 2015, and things aren't looking good for the new year. 

"We believe rail data may be signaling a warning for the broader economy," the recent note from Bank of America says. "Carloads have declined more than 5 percent in each of the past 11 weeks on a year-over-year basis. While one-off volume declines occur occasionally, they are generally followed by a recovery shortly thereafter. The current period of substantial and sustained weakness, including last week’s -10.1 percent decline, has not occurred since 2009."

BofA analysts led by Ken Hoexter look at the past 30 years to see what this type of steep decline usually means for the U.S. economy. What they found wasn't particularly encouraging: All such drops in rail carloads preceded, or were accompanied by, an economic slowdown (Note: They excluded 1996 due to an extremely harsh winter). 

"Similar periods of weakness have occurred in only five other instances since 1985: (1) the majority of 1988,(2) the first half of 1991, (3) several weeks in early 1996, (4) late 2000 and early 2001, and (5) late 2008 and the majority of 2009 … all either overlapped with a recession, or preceded a recession by a few quarters."

......maybe it's time to start a campaign to open up the rails in canada to allow American railways to get business.

I think it's a win for shippers in canada , the American railways and maybe gives the canadian railways a bit of incentive to smarten up.

Even buffet would have fired ****er Harrison by now.

Not sure I follow, isn't CPR and possibly CNR already an American railroad?.

Comment

I guess .... but the others could bring their equipment up to do some work.

My local 10000 tonne concrete hasn't loaded a train since December 14.

There should be no excuses. They bought the grain they wanted, you would think they should want to move it somewhere.

Comment

Short CP and CN stock!

Comment

Some space opening up at rail car manufacturer as well. Might be a good time for some rail cars to get built.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...