• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for the firearm phobes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I hope Canada sticks to status quo."

Make sense. Then when it hits the fan we can become refugees just like the Syrians. But where are we going to go? South is out because Americans have guns. I wonder how hiding in the woods is going to work.
    Last edited by Happytrails; Jan 11, 2016, 21:23.

Comment

Maybe my point was we use American news to feel superior, or insecure, or to find reasons for more 'protection' here in Canada. I say, here in Canada, we dont have a gun problem. Stop creating one for personal reasons. Stop creating fear.
      Im asking chuck chuck to create his new world just out of sight from mine.

Comment

Maybe my point was we use American news to feel superior, or insecure, or to find reasons for more 'protection' here in Canada. I say, here in Canada, we dont have a gun problem. Stop creating one for personal reasons. Stop creating fear.
        Im asking chuck chuck to create his new world just out of sight from mine.

Comment

bp

You must have been playing around with a semi auto ... you're double posting again!

Comment

I am a gun owner and hunt with my son some. Reasonable access to guns for hunting, sport shooting is sensible.

Owning a handgun for self defense is almost as risky to the owner and family as the attacker. Attacks are extremely rare unless you are in a domestic dispute or involved in a gang.

Advocating that we need them to defend ourselves against the government is stupid. Revolutions and uprisings require military grade equipment of all types which is available from friendly nations and on the black market when you need it.

Taking over with hunting rifles is highly unlikely.

The US is a gun disaster zone. They have let a few special interest groups take over gun policy to sell more guns. Deaths from Guns 30,000 per year? Deaths from terrorists, relatively few. Which is the bigger problem?

Comment

Declared new norms, real or not, have put us boomers on the outs.

Old days of gun racks on the back wind shields of your unlocked trucks, taking the 22 to the staff room, and leaning it in the corner, so after school you could plink at gophers in the PFRA pastures, passing your better firearms around to be admired, levered, closely examine by co-workers. All a big no-no, and hate to think of the current penalty.

Recall that we all managed to make it through that era in my immediate circle. Of course I came from the lawn dart society that didn't freeze up. Now it's don't move, and you won't get hurt. Too bad we have come to the norm of watching a downward projector.

Comment

Everyone didn't make it through, you would be lying if you didn't know someone who committed suicide or shot themselves accidently. Don't get me wrong here, I own guns and use them but it makes me sad when these tragic events happen.

Comment

So it sounds to me then that posters here feel we have adequate restrictions on firearm usage here in Canada. And that all the noise about the US is just foreign current affairs. Thats a relief.
                  The people getting paid by the pound to legislate are always looking for a reason.

Comment

I think the way Canada has restricted guns is just right. Just got a gun catalouge thrown in from a US sporting goods shop that I ordered fishing stuff. WOW. why do you need 100 round mags.Hand guns pages and pages and assault weapons.If I lived 50 miles south I could order and get free shipping to my door.

Comment

Breadwinner.

Since you believe you know my circle of friends, could you tell me who is missing from suicide by gun?

Yah, I'm a liar. I know someone who drowned from a thimble full of water. Also, I am bored to death over fears that non gun owners equate with firearms.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...