• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for the firearm phobes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for the firearm phobes

OK, guns have one engineered purpose. To fire a projectile. Fine. My question is. What is wrong with our gun laws as they are?? Do any of you fearful people own all classes of firearms?? What frightening trend should involve a complete ban in Canada? And how would a complete ban here stop illegal use when our border with the US cant keep out cigarrettes?
    Its ridiculous for a Canadian to try and anylyze American culture, judge it, and then say that we are so much smarter and the simple solution is a complete ban.
    We are screened, tested, licensed, and must follow strict storage and usage rules. Why are you people so afraid???
    Is there nothing else in Canada that could benefit from your phobias???
    If we measured the lives 'saved' by a complete ban, how do we count the lives lost if any??
    Why are these simple tools so frightening to some? It seems there are aspects of our own culture I dont understand at all. We are not the US. We dont have a gun 'problem'. Stop using their headlines to spread fear among the ignorant.
    What else is on the cbc's agenda chuck? You obviously work for them.

Is there a need for any civilian to own a military style assault rifle?

Comment

Farma. I actually believe there is reason. Is there reason for people to own a "sports style" car?

So called, "black guns", which to those with no guns are known as "military style assault weapons", in civilian hands, have magazine restrictions. So that "assault" rifle, has the same maximum capacity, as a "hunting" style rifle.

The dufus who assaulted the House ofcommons last year, used in his assault, a .30-.30 winchester. It still killed.

Why on earth does anyone need a .30-.30 winchester?

We the people NEED firearms.

Comment

A handgun is made for killin ain't no good for nouthing else. Lynryd Skynyrd.

Comment

Thank goodness that the average Canadian has a different image towards guns because of our restrictions over the years.Was in a Wallmart in Bismark watching a 13 year old handling a gun that his dad was buying for him.Also in the newspaper a dealership was offering a new rifle if you bought a combine.The laws in the states have created a totally different attitude.

Comment

Newguy. When I was 8, I received a .22 for christmas. I "handled" it, cleaned it, shot it.

My sons and daughters love guns, love hunting, love shooting.

This kind of thing is VERY Canadian. Millions of us rural types, wish the urban types, would get off their irrational fear of firearms.

I would have a lot of fun with a few handguns, but don't have any. They would not be for "killing", but would be for plinking and target shooting.

Dangerously criminal, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by freewheat View Post
              Newguy. When I was 8, I received a .22 for christmas. I "handled" it, cleaned it, shot it.

My sons and daughters love guns, love hunting, love shooting.

This kind of thing is VERY Canadian. Millions of us rural types, wish the urban types, would get off their irrational fear of firearms.

I would have a lot of fun with a few handguns, but don't have any. They would not be for "killing", but would be for plinking and target shooting.

Dangerously criminal, huh?
              The reasoning used to require storage and locked up ammo, is that any and all of our guns can be stolen by assholes and used to kill the innocent. Also done the pest control, skunks, magpies etc but assault rifles are a no brainer IMO. I'd melt them all down and close the factories. The US is gone over the edge, like an addiction, more is better. Even a tiny percentage of sicko nutcases and death happens. Very sad indeed. Only humans KILL for no reason.

Comment

Freewheat,

At summercamp... for years and years... 22's and teaching young people the safety and proper use of a fire arm was an important part of a teens life skills.

Blackpowder;

Seems like the internet and VR games... scare the demons out of the Artificial Intelligence folks... who live where use of a fire arm seems objectionable.

If this is evolution... we have a problem...

Go buy a Powerball Ticket... you [c/c] are the unbalanced... your chances are better to win[1B$US]... than be shot by an upset CDN 'farmer'!!!

Grin!

Comment

me too freewheat , the funny thing is that if the shit hits the fan , these anti gunners will need us to hunt food for them. most wouldn't know how to shoot or gut a moose or even how to catch and clean a fish for that matter . most of these people bitching would starve to death if the grocery stores close . most don't even grow a garden , just go around tying to get us to be like them . what a way to live

Comment

The question regarding "military style" is part of the problem.

Usually when media get's involved and they see a gun with a black synthetic stock it looks "scary" and is deemed a military assault rifle. The same gun with a wood stock is simply a deer gun.

The Toronto media elites also can't distinguish between semi-automatic, automatic and single shot but they are sure to let us know that a registry is the only way.
                    Last edited by Oliver88; Jan 11, 2016, 14:06.

Comment

better off to have guns and not need them than to need guns and not have them!!!!!

Comment

Im kind of torn on the gun subject. On one hand I really like the security the thought of a firearm can have in ones household. On the other hand to have read and heard of countless tragic deaths caused by guns as well. To be used as a tool to provide sustenance to a family is just fine in my mind. To be carried in ones purse while shopping in a grocery store is not. Countless suicides and accidental shootings have come at the hand of a gun. Could some of these tragities been avoided if the gun was not so accessable.

Comment

👍👍caseih

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                            To be carried in ones purse while shopping in a grocery store is not. Countless suicides and accidental shootings have come at the hand of a gun. Could some of these tragities been avoided if the gun was not so accessable.
                            ....over 30,000 gun related deaths per year in the US. If that number is correct, they are in a hell of a mess in the name of "rights". Very sad.

Comment

If every citizen of a country owns a AR15 and a handgun and the crap hits the fan, you will have a war and nothing less. The US is setting itself up for a huge problem. Guns in the US have became almost a religious facination and I hope Canada sticks to status quo.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...