• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northstar Fertilizers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northstar Fertilizers

sounds like rumour has it that CPS bought it all , hudson bay/prairie river , peesane , arborfield, st brieux ?, and half of northland logistics at aberdeen.

Buying out the competition. Good move on the part of CPS. Bad news for farmers.
    Buyouts are never done for the farmers benefit. Never! The news release will blather on about better service to customers etc bla bla bla.
    Reduction in competition is never good.

Comment

A little research says they were part of group of independents trying to avoid this scenario.

Wonder why some of the others didn't offer to take a piece of it?

These things make me think it's just a matter of time.

Comment

5 yrs from now CPS will have 80% market share and will dictate the price of fertilizer. Governments will go along with this as someone has to steal in order to support pension plans in Canada. The big six banks can't do this all alone. Good ship Canuckistan going down.

Comment

There must be some way you can blame this on Harper lol

Comment

What part of the negotiations were ongoing under that PM's watch???

Comment

What part of the negotiations were ongoing under that PM's watch???

Comment

Oneoff I was trying to be sarcastic, I guess it didn't work.

Comment

Time to make our own N. Join with Mallee on fert buys... much can be done... CPS is big... what is the saying???

Comment

had a trucker yesterday that came from that area said there is a whole lot more to that story than just a take over, some sounded too bizarre to be true I would think. time will tell,although maybe and maybe not ever, big money payoffs and high price lawyers can cover up lots of maybe legal but unethical things, but apparently the rumor is greed and self entitlement went a little too far. will be interesting.

Comment

can you expand , riders? always thought something was off there ? only place in the country that wouldn't take MC also . apparently customer wasn't ever right there .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...