• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harrows

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrows

This should be on machine discussion but nobody ever goes there. Looking for opinions on heavy harrows. Degelman vs Brandt vs pillar vs elmers vs rite way vs Morris. ???

Look at Gates coulter harrows ... may work for you , may not . We love ours .
    60 ft foreward fold

Comment

we sure like our bourgaults. well built . have a 90' mid and 60 ' heavy . both have their uses . especially with our caseih choppers , which leave a lot to be desired in tough straw !

Comment

Ummmmmm... Furrow.....it looks like you only bought the back row of a Protill or Lemken!

Just busting your bones. My neighbors like to heavy harrow once in the fall and 2 or 3 times in the spring. It keeps the men occupied.

Comment

everyone here gone to macfarlanes.

Comment

everyone here gone to macfarlanes.

Comment

Sometimes all you need is the back row 😉 - and only do it once 👍

Comment

Meant to add bourgalt in the mix also.

Comment

Not Brandt. We got a 82ft. First year broke both outside axles off and one main frame one. Maybe they've beefed them up or something now. This one is a 2012. Maybe it's just the 82ft ones that the axles can't carry the weight of. I would rather go back to a riteway or degeleman

Comment

Fan of Riteway.

Comment

Depends on what u want to use them for, seed bed prep, moving straw, light tillage, etc.

Comment

We have run a Bourgault 7200 for 15 years now, and after running a few other brands, I'll stick to Bourgault or my 2nd choice would be a Degleman. A few Brandts our way, and guys are breaking axles, and a few other minor problems.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...