• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola performance trials ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola performance trials ...

How many producers make decisions based off these yield trials ?
    How relevant are the actual yields ?
    Some big yield numbers in the 2015 results .

We try different varieties on our own farm..The go from there..

Comment

I don't go by them anymore, i go by what the surrounding farmers say ( outside the coffee shop ) i'm growing brett young 6060 RR again this year. An older variety, but very consistant imo.

Comment

If i want a certain chem package, and a certain disease package like CR. It doesnt leave much choice.
        Company trials i believe are a waste of time to read.

Comment

I look at as many as I can to see if there are any trends. I remember a while back Invigors were king in almost all trials. Not so much any more.

Comment

Top varieties are all the same including liberty. So it shows it doesn't matter what you buy. Without the data you wouldn't know that and probably still think liberty is 140% of RR canola because their marketing is so very much better.

Comment

Tweety...kinda like JD's marketing..... it costs more and in some.cases over engineered so it HAS to be superior. They prey on egomaniacs weeknesses.

Comment

Interesting to see Saskatoon 1 has twice the yield as Saskatoon 2 .
                I would like to see some more info on that .

Comment

I have a really good relationship with my agronomist and my seed salesman, a small independent outfit. They know what works in my area and which seed is worth the money. I pay very little to no attention to canola performance trials.

Comment

Let me guess, they just 'happen' to have the best performing seed in your area!

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...